When moving out, your concerns will not end with packing your bags and changing your mailing address. You need to restore the cleanliness of the place. If you move out, cleaning will be the last thing on your mind. However, most landlords demand end of lease cleaning services before they return a tenant’s deposit. If you plan to move out, here’s a thorough guide on how to impress your landlord and get your deposit in full.
End of Lease Cleaning FAQs
End of lease cleaning happens after you pack off everything you own to your new place. This type of cleaning requires a deep and thorough scrubbing of your old place. You need to restore it to the shape it was in before you moved in for viewing. The process requires cleaning every nook and cranny including the bathroom, the windows, and all surfaces.
Landlords may refuse to give back your deposit if the unit is not suitable for viewing. For this reason, many people decide to leave the cleaning to the professionals. Companies in the cleaning business have a detailed process to make sure they cover all problem areas, so your landlord can’t complain about the appearance of your unit.
DIY vs. End of Lease Cleaning Services
End of tenancy cleaning doesn’t need to be expensive, especially if you do the job yourself. The deciding factor is the current state of your home and your availability. By looking at the unit after you move out, you can see if you need help to restore the place to its former glory.
Cleaning after the end of your lease is more demanding than your regular cleaning routine. However, if you have a weekend to spare, you can get the job done. Landlords might require steam cleaning for carpeted homes, so you may have to leave it to the professionals.
If you decide to clean the place on your own, you need to plan and keep everything organised. If you decide to hire end of tenancy cleaners, you can take it easy with the cleaning. Professionals know how to make landlords happy, too. Trained cleaners can address problem areas, and they are less likely to miss anything.
DIY Tips for Moving Out House Cleaning
If you’re not afraid of cleaning after you move out, we’ve prepared a useful guide to help you in every step of the way.
First Things First
When it comes to cleaning the place you lived in, you need to know the end of lease cleaning requirements. If you have damaged any part of the house, be sure to have it repaired. Contact your landlord and request for the checklist of items for final inspection. You need to know what your landlord expects, so you meet the requirements.
End of Lease Cleaning Checklist
If you plan to clean out your place after you move out, the easiest way to make sure you don’t miss a thing is to have a checklist. Here’s a list of all the items you need to tick off the list. Before you learn the specifics, here are a few rules to follow when cleaning after moving out:
- Prepare all the cleaning supplies you need.
- Clean from top to bottom, left to right, and front to back.
- Start with dry cleaning before mopping or wiping surfaces.
- Pay attention to areas occupied by pets.
- Dispose of dangerous and hazardous chemicals properly.
End of Lease Cleaning Guide for Exterior Areas
Follow these simple steps to clean the exterior:
- Clean the patio, veranda, BBQ area and outdoor fixtures.
- Get rid of cobwebs from eaves, window sills and walls.
- Whip your garden into shape.
- Examine the property for damage caused by your people or pets.
- Clean all outdoor lighting, and change busted lamps.
- If there’s a pool, check the filter and remove all leaf debris.
- Take out all your mail from the letterbox.
- Pay attention to the driveway and garage and remove all oil marks and dirt.
- Wash the garage door and make sure the locks work.
- Empty out trash bins and give it a thorough washing.
End of Lease Cleaning Checklist for Interiors
You can clean the interior quickly by using these steps:
- Remove all cobwebs inside the property.
- Check all wardrobes, drawers, cupboards, and shelves to make sure everything is clean.
- Make sure all light fixtures work and remove busted globes.
- Wipe all sliding doors, window ledges, picture rails, architraves and skirting boards.
- Clean fly screens, windows, curtains and blinds including the window tracks.
- Wipe all furniture on the property and put them back in their original position.
- Clean the air conditioner, vents, fan blades and light fixtures.
- If you smoke, remove nicotine stains and air out the property to get rid of cigarette odours.
End of Lease Cleaning Tips for Your Kitchen and Bathroom
Potential tenants spend a lot of time examining the kitchen. Any apartment move out cleaning service knows how strict agents are when it comes to the kitchen’s condition. To make sure you clean everything, here’s your handy list of tasks in the kitchen:
- Give your oven a deep clean. Pay extra attention to the racks, grill and the walls.
- Clean the stovetop and remove all stains.
- Wash the range hood’s filter and replace busted overhead lights.
- Rinse the dishwasher including the door and the filter.
- Remove all debris from taps, sink holes and plugs.
- Polish the sink with mineral oil to make it sparkle.
- Deodorize the garbage disposal bin.
- Wash all surfaces and countertops.
- Wipe cupboards inside and out.
- Take out all food items in the fridge, and give it a thorough clean.
- Remove all dirt from the extractor fan.
- Clean the toilet, bath, shower, showerhead, doors, glass panels and screen.
- Remove all traces of mildew and soap residue on all surfaces.
- Clean traps, plugs, drain holes, exhaust fans, and mirrors.
- Get rid of moulds on tiles.
Quick Tips for Clean Walls and Floors
Floors and walls will always be the first thing people see upon inspection. Taking the time to make their areas sparkle can save you from receiving a poor grade during the property inspection.
Here are some tips on how to make your place sparkle.
- Check the walls for scuff marks and spot clean problem areas.
- Steam clean all carpets and vacuum all surfaces including window tracks and sliding doors.
- Sweep the floor and remove all dirt by mopping or vacuuming.
- Pay more attention to the floor area under your appliances.
End of Lease Move Out Cleaning Tips
Getting the full amount of your bond refund is not impossible when you use the right strategy in cleaning. Here are more tips to help you receive an excellent rating on the condition report:
- Take photos of the property before you move in to use as your standard of cleanliness.
- Don’t stress out about natural wear and tear. Most landlords will not hold you responsible for that.
- If you have pets, fumigate the property. Comply with additional clauses in the contract.
- Bring cleaning materials during the inspection. It wouldn’t hurt to give the place another swipe before you say goodbye.
- Use a checklist to make sure you cover all areas of your home.
If you are doing the end of lease cleaning, always remember to put yourself in the new tenant’s shoes. Imagine if you were moving in and still need to clean the place again, you didn’t do a thorough job. If it is not presentable to a new tenant, clean the place again or hire a professional cleaner to make it look more presentable.
Hiring End of Lease Cleaning Services: Is It Worth It?
Moving out house cleaning is more convenient if you hire professionals. Cleaners will make your life easier, although you need to pay for their services. Paying for cleaning services means having more time to focus on your new place.
The rent deposit is more expensive than hiring a cleaner. If you don’t have time to clean up, hiring cleaners is a quick fix. However, you need to take your time in choosing a cleaning company.
One useful tip to save money is to ask only for the services you need. Always look for providers with a satisfaction guarantee, if you are paying a cleaning company you deserve to have the best experience.
How to Choose an End of Lease Cleaner
When it comes to hiring professional cleaners to render moving out service, you need to find the best. Move out cleaning prices don’t come cheap, so you need to choose the right professionals to perform the task.
To help you in choosing professionals to help you with cleaning, here are some tips to follow:
- Do a background check on the cleaner you plan on hiring.
- Check out testimonials and customer reviews.
- Ask if the cleaning company is insured.
- Inquire about the qualifications and experience of their cleaners.
- Request for information on their cleaning process and guarantees.
- Get in touch with the company to discuss rates and other charges.
You need to set your expectations when hiring a cleaner. It’s also important to know what they charge and if they are confident in the work their employees perform. Weed out fly by night companies and those with questionable practices.
Can Your Landlord Charge You for Cleaning?
Landlords can charge you for cleaning, and they will if you don’t leave the property in the same condition it was when you moved in. Most tenants don’t receive their rent deposit in full because landlords deduct the cleaning costs.
Your landlord can’t charge for wear and tear. However, it’s your responsibility to leave the unit clean no matter how old it is. To protect yourself from unfair deductions and expensive cleaning costs, go over your landlord’s requirements and inventory list before you move out. Landlords pay the most attention to the following areas:
In case there are disputes between you and your landlord over the condition of the property, the government agency’s Tenancy Deposit Scheme can step in. While you can rely on this agency for a fair trial, it is easier and faster to meet the cleaning your landlord demands.
Mr. Meticulous End of Lease Cleaning Services
Mr. Meticulous is the preferred end of lease cleaning company in Sydney. They can ensure a prompt and professional exit clean once tenants have moved out. Mr. Meticulous understands the importance of providing a spick and span, detailed clean before new tenants move in.
Property owners, property managers and former tenants can feel confident they will receive a cleaning result that will make the transition easy. This applies to the new tenants and the former tenants in their bid to receive their bond back. However, the agency or owner will make the end decision. They usually base their determination on the requirements as per the tenant’s lease.
For a stress-free end of lease experience, you can trust Mr. Meticulous Cleaning Services in Sydney. They can remove dirt, dust, grime, grease and even mould. Their end of lease services include cleaning your:
- Bedrooms and living areas
- Carpets and floors
- Bathrooms and kitchens
- Walls and blinds
- Wet areas
- Balconies and patios
- Ceilings and eaves
How Much Does Move Out Cleaning Cost?
Cleaning costs will depend on the services you require, the size of your home and the condition of the property. To give you an accurate estimate of the cleaning fees, call Mr. Meticulous at the number below.
Safe and Simple Payments
We don’t want cleaning to be a problem for you, and we adhere to the same motto when it comes to paying for our services. We accept cashless payment methods to make life easier for you. All you have to do is authorize the transaction, and we can do the rest. For any concerns and payment issues, don’t hesitate about getting in touch with us.
Mr. Meticulous is all about building long-lasting relationships with our clients. Hence, we offer a satisfaction guarantee for our end of lease cleaning service. We promise to provide the kind of clean you can’t complain about. Our cleaners know you deserve only the best.
Mr. Meticulous Apartment Move Out Cleaning Service Coverage
Mr. Meticulous if the top choice for move out cleaning services in Sydney CBD, the eastern suburbs, inner west, northern beaches, and other locations surrounding the Sydney area including:
- Sutherland Shire
- Western Sydney
- North Sydney
- Neutral Bay
- Lane Cove
- Surry Hills
- Northern Shore
Call Mr. Meticulous for Your Move Out Cleaning Services Quote
Real estate investors can feel more secure about their investment properties after receiving a complete cleaning makeover. There is no match for the professional dedication and finished results from our move out cleaning services in Sydney. Our team has been trained to have an eye for detail and a personal standard of excellence.
Call Mr. Meticulous End of Lease Cleaning Services Sydney on 9904 1905, whether you are the tenant, property owner or property manager, and obtain a competitive quote tailored to your specific needs.
Head Office, Neutral Bay Sydney 2089
Mobile: 9904 1905
Fax: 9904 5565