Have you marked your calendar for spring cleaning? This annual event deserves some attention. This one-off cleaning allows you to exorcise dust bunnies and allergens in your home.
Spring cleaning means cleaning everything in your home from top to bottom and getting your hand’s dirty work. However, hiring a professional cleaning company to do the job is also a practical choice.
- 1 Spring Clean Kit
- 2 Spring Cleaning Checklists
- 3 Here’s a comprehensive checklist of how to thoroughly clean the kitchen:
- 4 Top Tips to Declutter During Spring Cleaning
- 5 Give Your Home A One-off Clean With The Whole Family
- 6 Maintaining The Cleanliness of Your Home
- 7 Why Giving Your Home A One-off Clean Is A Must
- 8 How And When To Start Spring Cleaning
- 9 One-off Cleaners: What Do They Do?
- 10 Ultimate Checklist For Finding The Right Spring Cleaning Company
- 11 What Is Spring Cleaning?
- 12 Benefits of A Professional Spring Clean
- 13 Why Mr Meticulous One-off Cleaners
- 14 Our Spring Cleaning Checklist
- 15 Our Professional Cleaning Services include
Spring Clean Kit
Before you start cleaning, prepare all the tools you need. This will save you time and keep you focused on your task.
Here are the items to prepare for the challenging task ahead:
- Rubber Gloves
- Plastic Bags
- Non-toxic Cleaner
- Distilled Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Microfiber Cloth
- Paper Towels
- Feather Duster
- Vacuum Cleaner
Don’t start cleaning unless you have all the tools you need. Make a plan and stick to it to make spring cleaning less stressful.
Spring Cleaning Checklists
It’s now time to move on to the more challenging part. A quick visual assessment of your space will give you a general idea of the workload involved. However, it’s better to stick to a guide to ensure you don’t miss any spots.
The most efficient way is to create a cleaning checklist. This can help you ensure all nooks and crannies get all the attention they need.
Here’s a comprehensive checklist of how to thoroughly clean the kitchen:
- Bring all the cleaning supplies to the kitchen.
- Wash any dirty glasses and dishes.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Wash all rugs and towels.
- Get rid of all the cobwebs and dust gathering on the ceiling.
- Dispose of the trash.
- Take out and sort all items inside kitchen drawers, cabinets, and pantry.
- Throw out expired or damaged goods and donate items you don’t need.
- Wipe drawers clean, including knobs, partitions, and organisers.
- Replace worn out or damaged drawer and shelf liners.
- Place the items back where they belong once they are clean.
- Clean the glass surfaces of all cabinets.
- Remove all the items inside your fridge and throw out any expired food.
- Pull out drawers and shelves and wash them separately.
- Wipe your fridge’s interior to remove spills and stains.
- Remove all magnets outside your fridge and wipe the surface clean.
- Vacuum the coils at the back of your fridge.
- Clean all utensils and utensil jars.
- Wipe all the appliances and items on your countertop.
- Clean the coffee maker and kettle.
- Clean the toaster’s crumb tray.
- Sharpen knives and clean the knife block.
- Wipe the surface of the countertop, including the backsplash.
- Clean the oven and cooktop inside and out, including the cooktop and range hood.
- Take out grates and removable items and give them a thorough wash.
- Polish knobs, sink, and faucet.
- Clean the garbage disposal, food tray, and drains.
- Wash your drying rack.
- Wipe the dishwasher clean.
- Run the high-heat sanitising cycle on your dishwasher.
- Wipe islands, chairs, tables, and stools.
- Wash removable stool covers and spot clean stained areas.
- Wash window screens, glass windows, and windowsills.
- Sweep the kitchen floor.
- Mop and scrub the floor.
- Clean all trash bins.
Bathrooms require weekly cleaning. When it comes to spring cleaning, you need to do more than your regular clean-up routine.
Here’s a guide on how to proceed:
- Clear the bathroom, get rid of the trash, wash the rugs, and put laundry in the hamper.
- Dust the area starting from the ceiling. Pay special attention to cleaning vents and fans.
- Wipe all bathroom surfaces, including the vanity unit, the tub and surrounding areas, and the pedestal.
- Remove the shower curtain and wash it.
- Remove soap residue in the tub and the shower.
- Spray disinfectant on vanity, sinks, toilet seat, and pedestal.
- Clean all wood fixtures, including the doors, window sills, moulding, door frame, and baseboard.
- Rinse the areas sprayed with disinfectant.
- Scrub the toilet bowl and flush.
- Sweep and mop the bathroom floor.
- Polish faucets and clean the mirror.
- Hang fresh towels and replace dirty rugs.
- Return the clean shower curtain. Bring back all the bathroom essentials you removed after a thorough wiping.
The main area for receiving guests should be on your list for spring cleaning. Here’s what to do to give this space a thorough clean:
- Dust the living room ceiling and wall corners.
- Remove cobwebs and dust from the ceiling fan and clean all light fixtures. Wipe doorknobs, switch-plates, photographs, and art.
- Wash all curtains draperies, and clean them following the manufacturer’s
- Vacuum furniture and wipe clean.
- Clean bookshelves and dust all the books in the room.
- Spot clean carpet stains and clean all rugs and carpets.
- Dust and wipe doormats inside and outside your living room.
During spring cleaning, pay extra care to your bedroom. This space should be comfortable and relaxing, so it is essential to make it as clean as possible.
Download a spring cleaning checklist in a printable format or follow this quick guide:
- Dust everything from top to bottom.
- Remove cobwebs and wipe the ceiling fan clean.
- Takedown curtains and draperies and wash them.
- Clean windows and windowsills.
- Replace the mattress, bedding, comforters, and pillowcases.
- Vacuum the mattress and flip it over.
- Wipe all lamps, dressers, accessories, and nightstands.
- Sweep the bedroom floor, including the areas under beds and cabinets.
- Mop the floor.
- Organise your closet and throw away or donate items you don’t use.
Spring cleaning will not be complete if you ignore the dining room. Here’s a guide to walk you through the process.
- Start with mouldings and include light fixtures and cords—dust from the ceiling to the floor. Proceed to wipe windowsills and baseboards afterwards.
- Remove chair covers and throw them in the washer.
- Wash the windows and pay attention to the window tracks.
- Wipe and polish the furniture inside the room.
- Sweep and vacuum the floor or carpet. Spring cleaning season is also the best time to steam clean your carpets.
- Take out the silver and polish
When was the last time you cleaned the laundry area? This part of the house almost always gets neglected.
- Remove everything which doesn’t belong in the room.
- Dust everything from top to bottom.
- Sort all the items in drawers and cabinets inside the laundry area. While you’re at it, wipe the surface of those storage areas.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
A thorough spring clean should include all areas of your home, including your home office. Keeping this area neat might be a habit, but you should also carry out a deep clean every once.
Here’s what to do when you want to tackle that heavy-duty cleaning:
- Dust from top to bottom.
- Clean your desk area and wipe it clean.
- Sort all the items on your desk. Don’t be afraid to throw or donate items you don’t need.
- Take out all the things in your drawer and wipe the interior and exterior clean.
- Pay attention to your books and donate items you don’t use.
- Clean the electronics in the room with a paintbrush or a mini vacuum.
- Vacuum and wipe the furniture.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Remove dust from houseplants.
Cleaning Children’s Items
Spring cleaning doesn’t end with all the rooms in your house, and you also need to spend some time on your child’s toys.
If you want an all-natural disinfectant, follow these steps:
- Prepare a gallon of water.
- Add four drops of lavender oil.
- Add four drops of tea tree oil. For metal and plastic toys, submerge all the items in water and add a scoop of detergent.
If you have stuffed animals, place everything in a mesh bag and wash in the machine. Include doll’s clothes and other textile items in the washing cycle too.
Don’t forget to wipe down dolls, wooden toys, and electronics with a disinfectant. During this one-off clean, take some time to go through your kid’s drawers and organise everything.
Your home’s entrance should always be on your list of areas to clean. To make the entrance more welcoming, here are some tips:
- Dust everything and get rid of cobwebs.
- Shake rugs and mats.
- Wipe all surfaces, including shelves and tables.
- Wash windows, including screens and sills.
- Clean and polish the floor.
- Throw out worn-out items.
By now, you have a better idea about the meaning behind spring cleaning. After paying attention to all nooks and crannies indoors, it’s time to clean the outside areas of your property.
Here’s a list to help you out:
- Organise everything in your garage. While at it, throw out or donate useless items.
- Wash the garage door with soap and water.
- Remove the cobwebs from your home’s exterior.
- Wash your trash can.
- Clean outdoor furniture.
Top Tips to Declutter During Spring Cleaning
Spring cleaning is the ideal time to sort everything in your home. Filling the donation box at your local charity shop at this time makes sense.
Always involve family members when decluttering your home. Everyone should be responsible for their own space. As a rule, start by removing everything from the room. Dust, sweep and wipe everything clean. Afterwards, it’s time to tackle the sorting. Throw out any damaged or useless items and donate valuable items that you don’t use or need.
Your goal is to free up some space, so stick to it. When you’re done sorting, put back all the remaining items.
Organise one room at a time, so you don’t feel overwhelmed. The key to organising everything in a short amount of time is to break down the task into smaller, more manageable chunks. While going through rooms, take out the contents of all drawers and storage areas.
Give Your Home A One-off Clean With The Whole Family
Spring cleaning is easier when you have some helping hands. If it’s time for your annual clean-up, get everyone involved with these tips:
- Crank up the music. Cleaning becomes more enjoyable with some accompanying music.
- Come up with a cleaning plan. Make sure everyone understands that the spring cleaning isn’t over until they complete their task.
- Give everybody a list of assigned tasks.
- Prepare all the cleaning materials and distribute them based on the tasks.
- Spread out the spring cleaning over a few days if you have young ones. Ask them to dedicate at least an hour to help you with this chore.
Maintaining The Cleanliness of Your Home
After your one-off spring cleaning, how do you keep your house clean?
Keep things manageable by following these tips:
- Clean up after yourself. Wash dishes right away, wipe stained surfaces without delay, and spot-clean as soon as an accident happens.
- Make sweeping and mopping a habit.
- Don’t hoard useless items.
Why Giving Your Home A One-off Clean Is A Must
Spring cleaning is more than just a passed-on tradition. This annual heavy-duty cleaning has physical and mental health benefits too.
Here’s why you shouldn’t miss spring cleaning this year or in the years to come:
- A clean office is a productive office! Decluttering and organising make you feel in control and boost productivity. Plus, cleaning your work area can give you a physical workout and help burn some calories.
- Cleaning removes allergens from your home and prevents new ones from entering. A clean home can reduce the effects of annoying allergic reactions.
- Cleaning can help you de-stress. An organised home means less stress.
How And When To Start Spring Cleaning
If it’s the last day of the year or the start of spring, don’t make excuses to shy away from cleaning!
You might feel that cleaning is too much trouble with so much to do. If domestic chores are not your cup of tea, opt for a company that can provide house spring cleaning services.
If you would instead do it yourself, always remember a top to bottom approach is best. Start with getting rid of items you don’t need and maximise your time by creating a plan with a corresponding checklist to track your progress.
One-off Cleaners: What Do They Do?
If you don’t have time to do your spring cleaning, you don’t have to skip it. Hire a company to do it for you.
Companies offering a one-time cleaning service will do everything from removing cobwebs to washing windows and cleaning floors.
Ultimate Checklist For Finding The Right Spring Cleaning Company
Hiring local house cleaning services can be tricky. Conduct research before choosing a provider to know which services are the best for you. When looking for one-off cleaners, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the spring clean house cost reasonable?
- What are other customers saying?
- How long have they been in the field?
- What type of products do they use?
- Do they have a satisfaction guarantee?
- Are they professional?
- Can you reach them quickly?
- Do they have insurance?
What Is Spring Cleaning?
Spring cleaning is the annual deep cleaning at least once a year. You can give your home a thorough scrubbing and wiping at this time of year so that your environment feels fresh and comfortable. Spring has traditionally brought all kinds of festivities, and according to many traditions, this is the time to clear out the house, ready for the celebrations to occur.
Benefits of A Professional Spring Clean
Spring cleaning will bring back your home’s sparkle and ensure you are ready for unexpected visitors. A clean and uncluttered environment also has additional benefits, like focused minds and more productive brains for you and your family.
Why Mr Meticulous One-off Cleaners
Our Spring Cleaning Checklist
Spring cleaning services include the following:
- Dusting surfaces, walls, furniture, and fixtures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and sinks.
- Wiping appliances and furniture.
- Cleaning grout, carpets, and floors.
- Give your kitchen and kitchen appliances a thorough clean.
Mobile: 9904 1905
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Mr Meticulous Cleaning Services have been looking after homes and offices throughout Australia since 1995. Our team specialises in end of lease cleaning and commercial cleaning but produce a high level of professionalism and cleanliness in any facet of the industry. We engage highly trained and skilled cleaners who take great pride in the results they achieve.
We offer services for cleaning your home weekly or fortnightly, for a one-off deep cleaning service or end of lease cleans. Homes aren’t the only place we clean; builders clean, or shop fit-out cleaning services are available. We understand all the work that goes into a building project, and the last thing you want is for messy surprises at hand over. Our team is professional, reliable, and dedicated and will ensure your project is left spotless.
End of Lease Cleaning and our Bond Cleaning Service is something that we have become well known for. We have completed 1000’s of end of lease cleaning jobs for individuals and real estate agencies. Our Bond Cleaning Service not only offers general cleaning, but we also offer:
- Entire oven and stove-top cleaning
- Party and Event Cleaning
- Carpet steam cleaning
- Window cleaning
- Post Construction or Final Builders Cleaning
- Mould removal
- NDIS cleaning and Gardening Services
- Covid-19 Sterilisation and Sanitisation
We look after everything for your end of lease clean to guarantee your bond is returned.
Mr Meticulous Cleaning Services has a cleaning team near you. We offer seven days a week cleaning, and we’re 5 Star rated and have a 100 % money-back guarantee. We charge only after the service and correct, fix or discuss any situation. We are accountable; we are on all social media platforms. We are contactable, widely known, verified and trusted. We were cleaning in the ’90s, and we will continue into the future and beyond.
Marc Hamilton has been the owner since its inception. Marc Hamilton started and will continue to be the face and contactable person within this business. Always available. We are not a faceless, contactless, unknown person behind a website geared towards share prices and company earnings. Both Marc and our team value working for you and hold a personal commitment and interest to provide the best service possible. We are in this together. You are welcome to contact us on 0402 317 313 or [email protected].
Trained cleaners from Mr Meticulous cover towns and suburbs in and out of Sydney, including
Email: [email protected]
At Mr Meticulous Cleaning Services, we pride ourselves on providing a complete range of professional cleaning services. We have the best-trained cleaning technicians, promising you a high-quality cleaning service. Our cleaning services include house cleaning, domestic cleaning, commercial cleaning, office cleaning, end of lease cleaning, Carpet Cleaning and Window Cleaning. Covid-19 Sterilisation and Sanitation for a Hygenic and Disinfected environment/workplace.
We aim at satisfying our customers’ needs, making their home surroundings clean and dirt & dust free.
We deliver a 100% organic, chemical-free cleaning service using environmental cleaning-safe methods that bring that fresh ‘just cleaned’ feeling into your home or office. We will also use Isopropyl Alcohol to disinfect and sterilise your office or home premises if required.
For the convenience of customers, we offer online communication ease where you can ask any questions before starting with us whether you want a quote or have a cleaning question.
With over 30 years of offering cleaning services across Australia, Mr Meticulous knows the best ways to solve and answer your questions.
You can call directly or email us to start discussing your need.
Our Professional Cleaning Services include
- Advanced Cleaning Technology
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
- Covid-19 Disinfection and Sterilisation
- 24 hours, 7 Days, Responsive To Your Needs
- Safe Work and Hygienic Practices adhered to
- End of Lease – Bond Cleaning
- Builders Clean or Office Cleaning
Suppose you are conscious of quality cleaning but are constantly let down by other cleaning companies. In that case, Mr Meticulous’s Cleaning Services teams will personally source the best cleaners for your day, time, area, and other requirements. Our commitment to excellent service and quality results will put a shine on your home or office.
Our cleaners are fully insured and trained in all aspects of cleaning at all levels, be it one-off, weekly, fortnightly or monthly, including window cleaning, oven cleaning, and carpet steam cleaning. Every cleaner has been 100% ID checked so that you are safe and protected. This is the exemplary reputation Mr Meticulous has maintained for over 30 years of operation.
Mr Meticulous Cleaning Services
is not matched in its cleaning performance and affordable cleaning packages. Giving you a unique and professional cleaning experience, whether it be for your home or commercial/office cleaning needs. End of Lease cleaning and Bond cleaning are our specialities. With all our years and 1000’s jobs successfully undertaken, we are your go-to at the end of lease cleaning business with total bonds returned.
Strata Cleaning, Common area cleaners, Strata Managers, and Body Corp Services are all services we offer. Due to the need for respect and attention to detail, we have specialised in making sure buildings, common areas, and grounds are serviced daily – weekly or as required by a dedicated cleaning specialists list.