If you want your place to look like new, deep cleaning is the answer. Professionals provide deep cleaning services for clients who want to disinfect and remove all traces of dirt and bacteria in their home or office.
There is a difference between deep cleaning and general cleaning. Doing a deep clean is much more thorough and meticulous than doing a general clean. If you want to know how to do a thorough cleaning, keep reading to get some helpful tips to acquaint you with this process.
What is Deep Cleaning?
As discussed above, deep cleaning means sparing no dirt or bacteria while you wipe over all surfaces of your space. Deep cleaning gets rid of all the eyesores in your space like mould, grime, stains and stubborn buildup.
You can also get rid of harmful bacteria when you perform a deep cleaning. Here are some additional benefits:
- You get better air quality.
- It creates a less stressful environment.
- It increases your property value.
- You can declutter your space.
How Often Should You Deep Clean?
Deep cleaning may have a lot of benefits, but it’s not something you should do on a daily basis. You can clean with such a high intensity two to three times a year. The most common reasons for putting this extra effort into cleaning include:
- Holidays and special occasions.
- A special date or visitor.
- Preparing the property for viewing when selling it.
- Deep clean the house before moving to a new property.
- Cleaning up before and after a huge party.
- To prepare for a new season, like springtime.
DIY Spring Cleaning Tool Kit
Many people prefer to hire a professional cleaning service. But if professional cleaning is out of the question; you need to prepare all your cleaning supplies first. Materials you’ll need for your one off-house cleaning are as follows:
- Bucket, dish soap and warm water
- Vacuum and mop
- Rags, microfiber cloths and scrubbing sponges
- Toilet and grout brushes
- Extendable Duster and lint roller
- Oven, stainless steel, glass and all-purpose cleaner
- Baking Soda, vinegar and lemons
- Tile and grout cleaner
Deep Cleaning Tips and Tricks for All House Areas
Depending on the size of your place, it’s ambitious to set the goal to deep clean the house in one day. These room-by-room tips can help you learn how to deep clean your house quickly yet efficiently.
Start in Your Kitchen
The kitchen is a huge place, so you might not know where to start cleaning. If that’s the case, start with the following:
- Clear out all the dirty dishes in the sink and put them away.
- Remove everything from your countertops.
- Get rid of any clutter which should not be in the kitchen.
Once you’re done with that, proceed to the following items.
- Put your pantry, cupboards and drawers to order. Toss out expired goods and donate food items you can’t or won’t use. To make the process easier, take out all items before you start cleaning and replace them when you’re done.
- Organize your cooking and baking supplies, too. Wipe the cupboard and toss out all expired goods.
- Vacuum or sweep the floor, and then it clean and remove any stains with the right cleaner.
- Check the condition of all appliances and clean them all. Here are some additional pointers on how to remove dirt from common kitchen equipment.
What’s Growing in Your Dishwasher?
Dishwashers can harbour germs and bacteria over time. But, cleaning the dishwasher is easy, even when you use common kitchen staples. Follow these steps for an impressive clean:
- Remove the dishwasher filter and soak it in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Take one cup of vinegar and pour it into the bottom drawer of your empty dishwasher.
- Run a heavy cycle.
- Sprinkle a cup of baking soda and leave it overnight.
- Run an empty cycle in the morning.
- Use a toothbrush if any stains remain.
Clean Your Crusty Coffeemaker
Coffeemakers are hotbeds for mould and bacteria. To make sure it’s clean, here are some simple tips:
- Wash all removable parts after each use.
- Remove hard water buildup every month.
- Clean the carafe with warm water and rice.
Cleaning your microwave is a must, but it is easier than you think. Here are some tips to help you give this kitchen appliance a thorough clean:
- Get rid of gunk and all types of food splatter.
- Wipe off the grease from the microwave’s door.
- Remove dust from the machine’s exterior.
- Wash all removable parts of the microwave.
Fix Your Funky Fridge
With its constant use, your fridge needs regular cleaning. Here are the basics of how to clean your refrigerator:
- Take out all the food.
- Wipe out the interior.
- Drain the drip pan and wash it.
- Dust the coils.
- Wipe the exterior of the fridge.
Getting Grime Out of Your Oven
When cleaning the oven, you need to remove all debris first. After that step, you can do the following:
- Take out the racks and give them a thorough cleaning.
- Wipe the interior of the over with a cleaner or sprinkle vinegar and spray baking soda.
- If you are using the natural cleaner, leave it overnight.
- Rinse the oven thoroughly and wipe it dry.
Bathrooms harbour mould, stains, and grime. Given this scenario, you need to pay greater attention to this part of the house. Here are some of the common areas which require more attention.
Shower and Tub Tips
For showers and tubs, use a non-toxic cleaner or mix warm water and white vinegar in equal parts. To give the area a thorough cleaning, do the following:
- Spray the cleaner on all surfaces.
- Leave it for at least 15 minutes.
- Wipe the surface clean using a microfiber cloth.
- Rinse the area with water.
- Wipe it dry.
Tackle the Toilet
Deep cleaning your toilets is possible without using harsh chemicals by following these easy steps:
- Pour castile soap down the inside portion of your toilet.
- Sprinkle one-half cup of borax on all sides of the toilet.
- Scrub the surface with a toilet brush to form a thick
- Use a toothbrush for hard to reach areas.
- Let the mixture sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Scrub the toilet again.
- Flush and rinse the toilet.
Make Your Sinks and Countertops Sparkle
You need to clean countertops and sinks to make them sparkle again. Here are some steps on how to make it happen fast:
- Mix hot water with a cup of your preferred cleaner. You can also use white vinegar.
- Dip a cloth into the mixture and use it to wipe the faucet and the counter top.
- Rinse all surfaces with water.
- Wipe it dry with a clean cloth.
Dirt Busting the Bedroom
Deep cleaned bedrooms are heavenly. Here are some things you can do to get rid of all the filth in your personal space.
Start with the Bedding
Bedding requires weekly cleaning. Remove all sheets, pillowcases and comforters. Wash all these items in your washing machine or the local laundromat. As for duvets, quilts, mattress pads and zippered pillowcases, give them a deep clean monthly.
Airing out your mattress at least weekly will get rid of odour and germs. However, you also need to give it a deep clean every six months. To do this, follow these steps.
- Open a box of baking soda.
- Add 10 to 20 drops of your favourite essential oil.
- Sprinkle the baking soda all over the mattress.
- Massage the baking soda into the mattress.
- Leave it for an hour.
- Vacuum the mattress.
Another tip to make sure your mattress stays in excellent condition is to flip it every six months.
Living Room and Family Room Cleaning
The living room serves as the main receiving area in any home. So, it always ends up dirtier than other rooms. To clean this space, here are some suggestions.
First, the Furniture
The furniture attachment for your vacuum cleaner can get the job done. You can also use furniture cleaner to wipe the surface of your furniture. Be sure to wipe from left to right since this is a more effective technique.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Take picture frames apart to give them a deeper clean. Use a lint-free cloth to wipe the glass. You can also use a wood polish for wooden frames and a damp towel for metal frames.
Electronics Need Love, Too
Wiping your electronic devices in the family room including television units, stereo, and a computer can make it stay cleaner for a long time. While at it, be sure to dust cords and connectors.
Light Fixtures and Fans
For lighting fixtures, you need to wipe off the globes weekly. You can also use an extendable duster to get the job done. For fans, you need to remove the blades and wipe them clean before replacing them. To be safe, make sure lights and fans are off before you clean them.
Don’t Forget the Floors
Most types of floors will only require vacuuming followed by mopping. If you have a carpeted floor, you might want to hire professionals to steam clean the carpet.
What About Your Walls?
You should clean your walls at least once a month. For walls, you will need a cloth, water, and a gentle cleaner. Simply spray the cleaner on the cloth and wipe all the walls clean.
Cleaning Windows Easily
Washing windows is easier with the handy squeegee tool. Use your favourite cleaner to wipe off smudges and dirt on your window, and use the squeegee to remove excess water.
Keep You Patio, Porch or Deck Clean, Too
Sweeping your deck, porch or patio is the key to a cleaner home. By removing leaves and debris, you can clean up this part of your home. People drag dirt in from the outside, so be sure to do this at least weekly if you don’t want to spend too much time cleaning.
Deep Cleaning After a Home Renovation
Renovation projects can leave your home looking extra filthy. Hence, you will need to do a deep cleaning. Here are some items that should be on your checklist for deep cleaning:
- Sweep all surfaces including walls and floors.
- Vacuum all upholstery and surfaces.
- Wipe all surfaces to remove dust including door knobs, frames and other surfaces.
- Throw out all the trash left by the contractors.
Getting Rid of Pet Odour
Another reason to deep clean is when you can smell strong pet odours. Here are some tricks on how to minimise the pungent smell:
- Keep the windows open.
- Use odour absorbing litter and air fresheners.
- Sprinkle baking soda all over your space.
- Don’t let your pet on the furniture; get separate furniture for them.
- Clean up after pet accidents right away.
- Bathe your pets on a regular basis.
How to Choose the Right Cleaning Services
Hiring a cleaner for the right time can be tough, but there are some things that can make the process easier. You need to find cleaners who:
- Consider the house deep cleaning cost.
- Conduct background checks on their cleaners.
- Provide a satisfaction guarantee.
- Take out insurance to protect your property.
Mr. Meticulous Deep Cleaning Services
Cleaning your home from top to bottom if it is extraordinarily dirty can be tough. If the job will take up too much time, it’s better to leave it to the pros.
Mr. Meticulous can provide all kinds of cleaning services. Here are some tasks you can leave to us. We serve residential clients and business establishments. To give you a better idea of what you can expect from our cleaners, here are some of the services we provide.
Residential Cleaning Services
If you haven’t cleaned your place for a long time or the place you will move in is extraordinarily filthy, our professional cleaning services will do:
- Carpet cleaning to remove stains and dirt.
- Upholstery cleaning to bring back your furniture’s appeal.
- Air duct cleaning to improve efficiency and reduce mould
- A check for potential sources of offensive odours and quickly solve the problem.
- Work to eliminate chemical and biological contaminants including sewage, animal remains and hoarding scenes.
Commercial Cleaning Services
When it comes to commercial establishments, you need to schedule deep cleaning on a regular basis. Your regular maintenance staff can keep your building clean, but you need to hire professionals for extensive cleaning. Mr. Meticulous can offer the following commercial cleaning services:
- Steam cleaning carpets to remove all traces of dirt and eliminate germs.
- Polishing floors and getting rid of stains.
- Cleaning blinds and windows for a more professional place of business.
- Removing offensive odours so you can have a comfortable working space.
Mr. Meticulous Service Area Coverage
Deep cleaning is our specialty. Our coverage area extends to Sydney, including the outskirts and nearby areas. We cover north and western Sydney, along with the central business district within our service area. You can also avail of our services if your home or business is in:
- Sutherland Shire
- Eastern Suburbs
- Inner West
- Northern Beaches
- Lane Cove
- Surry Hills
- Neutral Bay
- Northern Shore
Call Us Today for a Quote
Mr. Meticulous prides itself on its deep cleaning services. To experience the kind of clean customers rave about, get in touch with us today.
Head Office, Neutral Bay Sydney 2089
Mobile: 9904 1905
Fax: 9904 5565