We will discover you step by step the simplest and most effective way to clean the house’s walls. Because buying magic erasers at the supermarket is an option, why if you can do it more effectively?
Roughly, we could calculate that the surface to be cleaned in an 80 m 2 house would be about 188 m 2: the result of multiplying its size by the height of the walls (2.35 m).
That is why you must plan in detail when and how to do it because we are talking about a remarkable surface. Cleaning wall, You will need a lot of water, plenty of rags, and the optimal temperature for the walls to dry quickly.
AT WHAT TIME OF YEAR IS IT BEST TO CLEAN THE WALLS?
In spring or early fall. These are the best times to clean the walls when the weather is still mild. When cleaning them with water, you will need to open the windows so that they dry quickly.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU HAVE TO CLEAN THE WALLS?
Once a year would suffice. Add this manual work to the list of tasks that you have prepared for the period in which you will dedicate yourself to the general cleaning of your house.
HOW TO CLEAN THE WALLS: THE STEP BY STEP
ANALYZE THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE WALLS AND PAINT
The first thing to consider is the type of paint. We have bad news for you: if it is tempered, forget about cleaning them thoroughly, you will only be able to drag it and remove it from the wall. Cleaning walls, Be content with powdering them.
On the contrary, plastic paint is washable (also water-based, only vinyl or acrylic resins). However, you must bear in mind that, even so, it is also porous, so very dark stains will be difficult to remove.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO CLEAN THE WALLS?
- You will need a broom or a vacuum cleaner with a brush
- A duster or scrubber with a handle
- A white towel
- Several dusting cloths, preferably white
- A bucket of warm water and a splash of soap (dish soap works well)
- And another bucket of warm, clean water
GET TO WORK
- Remove all pictures and decorations from the walls, also the furniture that rests supported on them. Cover the floor just below the area to be cleaned in case of waterfalls.
- Remove the dust from the entire surface either with a broom covered with a towel or with the brush (clean) of the vacuum cleaner.
- You should pay special attention to the skirting board, where more dirt accumulates. Some choose to use a feather duster or a sponge brush used in crafts in this delicate area; Cleaning wall, The scourers with a handle also work (but remember that they should not be dyed in any colour).
- Try rubbing a piece of wall in an inconspicuous area (it works behind a door) to ensure no marks or grooves after the water has dried.
- Clean the rest of the wall with a white, lint-free cloth (or a colourless sponge) dipped in the soapy water.
- Rinse with the clean water from the other bucket (remember that you have to change it every little bit) using a clean cloth with the same characteristics.
- Open the windows and let the air dry.
Some people prefer to add a quarter cup of vinegar to soapy water (dish soap) (this is recommended for oil-based paints); others opt for a splash of ammonia. Cleaning wall, Stains are best rubbed with a paste of baking soda.
With the wallpaper, the same thing happens. You will also have to look at the type of finish.
The embossed wallpaper is the most basic, that of a lifetime. It is made with a single layer of paper, and it is difficult to clean (and not very resistant to natural light), so as it is not waterproof, you can only dust it off with a dry cloth.
If the wallpaper is vinyl or vinyl, the cleaning technique will be very similar to that used with plastic paint:
- Rub (this time more delicately) with a sponge or cloth dampened (but not too much) in warm soapy water (ammonia or abrasive detergents should never be used).
- Rinse with clean, warm water.
- Let dry.
Stay tuned to our website, Mr. meticulous, for more cleaning tips and information.
Read more: Airbnb cleaners.