The floor is one of the dirtiest surfaces in your home and requires frequent cleaning. In Sydney in 2019 I suggest you get us as your cleaner for floors and keeping them clean is at least a weekly issue for us all.
Sweeping and mopping daily is a must if you don’t want dirt to build upon your flooring.
Different types of floors require distinct cleaning methods. Using the wrong cleaning products can damage your flooring, which could be expensive.
To avoid problems, learn the best treatments for your floor. If you prefer to let someone do it for you, you could also hire the professionals to perform floor cleaning services.
However, if you regularly clean the floor yourself, we have a comprehensive list of different types of flooring and how to give them a thorough clean.
How To Clean Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are not difficult to clean, but there are things to keep in mind. To prevent floors from getting too dirty, try these simple tips:
- Use a soft-angled broom for sweeping.
- When vacuuming the floor, use the soft floor nozzle.
- Robot vacuums can also get the job done quickly.
- Remove sticky debris by rubbing wood-floor cleaner on the surface using a damp cloth.
- Get rid of pet hair and dust with a microfiber mop.
- If the floors look dirty, use a wrung-out microfiber pad, microfiber string mop or a flat-head mop.
- Use a spray bottle to apply the cleaning solution on the floor
When choosing a cleaner for a hardwood floor, stick to a product with a pH level of seven.
You can use citric acid, Minwax’s Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Bona’s PowerPlus or Method’s Squirt & Mop Wood Floor Cleaner.
It’s better to use cleaners, especially for hardwood floors. Regular detergent or vinegar can make polyurethane dull. It may also damage the surface.
When it comes to hardwood floors, never ignore spills and sticky accidents. Clean up the area right away to prevent floor damage.
Do not use a dripping mop on the floor or allow standing water to dry up on your floor. Wood and moisture are mortal enemies. Over time, this could result in damage.
Also, never use a steam cleaner on a wooden floor. Give your wood floor a thorough washing at least every three months.
How To Clean Laminate Floors
Laminate floors require special treatment to continue giving off a fresh glow. Daily cleaning is a must. You can follow this cleaning regime:
- Sweep with a soft bristle broom daily.
- Use damp not wet mop.
- Combine hot water and dish soap as a cleaner.
- Remove dust in those hard to reach areas with a soft brush attachment.
- On occasion, use a steam cleaner for deep cleaning.
- You can remove spills using a window cleaner, but do this sparingly.
Just like hardwood, never leave water on laminate for a long time. Clean up spills right away.
If you have pets, place a mat under their water fountain or bowl. Avoid using products that make the floor shine. They can leave a waxy residue, and this is harder to remove.
Besides, avoid pine-scented cleaners since they leave a soapy residue. Also, avoid Murphy’s oil as it leaves streaks on laminates.
Furniture pads can help save your laminate floor. For this same reason, leave your stilettos at the door and trim your pet’s nails.