The floor is one of the dirtiest surfaces in your home and requires frequent cleaning. In Sydney in 2019 I suggest you get us as your cleaner for floors and keeping them clean is at least a weekly issue for us all.
Sweeping and mopping daily is a must if you don’t want dirt to build upon your flooring.
Different types of floors require distinct cleaning methods. Using the wrong cleaning products can damage your flooring, which could be expensive.
To avoid problems, learn the best treatments for your floor. If you prefer to let someone do it for you, you could also hire the professionals to perform floor cleaning services.
However, if you regularly clean the floor yourself, we have a comprehensive list of different types of flooring and how to give them a thorough clean.
How To Clean Hardwood Floors
Hardwood floors are not difficult to clean, but there are things to keep in mind. To prevent floors from getting too dirty, try these simple tips:
- Use a soft-angled broom for sweeping.
- When vacuuming the floor, use the soft floor nozzle.
- Robot vacuums can also get the job done quickly.
- Remove sticky debris by rubbing wood-floor cleaner on the surface using a damp cloth.
- Get rid of pet hair and dust with a microfiber mop.
- If the floors look dirty, use a wrung-out microfiber pad, microfiber string mop or a flat-head mop.
- Use a spray bottle to apply the cleaning solution on the floor
When choosing a cleaner for a hardwood floor, stick to a product with a pH level of seven.
You can use citric acid, Minwax’s Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Bona’s PowerPlus or Method’s Squirt & Mop Wood Floor Cleaner.
It’s better to use cleaners, especially for hardwood floors. Regular detergent or vinegar can make polyurethane dull. It may also damage the surface.
When it comes to hardwood floors, never ignore spills and sticky accidents. Clean up the area right away to prevent floor damage.
Do not use a dripping mop on the floor or allow standing water to dry up on your floor. Wood and moisture are mortal enemies. Over time, this could result in damage.
Also, never use a steam cleaner on a wooden floor. Give your wood floor a thorough washing at least every three months.
How To Clean Laminate Floors
Laminate floors require special treatment to continue giving off a fresh glow. Daily cleaning is a must. You can follow this cleaning regime:
- Sweep with a soft bristle broom daily.
- Use damp not wet mop.
- Combine hot water and dish soap as a cleaner.
- Remove dust in those hard to reach areas with a soft brush attachment.
- On occasion, use a steam cleaner for deep cleaning.
- You can remove spills using a window cleaner, but do this sparingly.
Just like hardwood, never leave water on laminate for a long time. Clean up spills right away.
If you have pets, place a mat under their water fountain or bowl. Avoid using products that make the floor shine. They can leave a waxy residue, and this is harder to remove.
Besides, avoid pine-scented cleaners since they leave a soapy residue. Also, avoid Murphy’s oil as it leaves streaks on laminates.
Furniture pads can help save your laminate floor. For this same reason, leave your stilettos at the door and trim your pet’s nails.
Vinyl Floor Cleaning
When it comes to vinyl, use mild cleaning techniques to avoid damaging your floor. Here are some pointers to help:
- Vacuum every evening.
- Sweep the floor with a soft broom.
- Remove residues and spills with a damp mop.
- For stubborn stains a cleaner designed for your vinyl floor.
- If there is a hair product buildup, shampoo it away.
Also, take extra care to avoid scratching vinyl tiles. Place floor protectors on furniture feet to void dents on vinyl tile. Don’t drench vinyl in water.
Use a floor mat to catch dirt and chemicals before people walk into your home. This does and will make your job easier.
Linoleum Floor Cleaning
Linoleum may look like vinyl, but it requires more care when cleaning. Be careful with the cleaner you use. Make sure it is just for linoleum flooring.
Start by vacuuming your flooring using the hardwood setting. After that step, follow this cleaning guide:
- Combine a gallon of hot water with six to seven drops of liquid dish soap.
- Dip the mop in the solution and wring out extra water.
- For deep cleaning, you can use a scrub brush.
- Mop the floor in sections.
- Rinse your mop and replace the dirty water with hot water.
- Dip the mop in hot water and apply it to your floor.
- Using old towels, wipe the floor dry.
Don’t use acidic cleaners on your linoleum floor.
Make your cleaner by combining one gallon of water with ½ cup apple cider or distilled white vinegar. You can also use a foaming cleanser for stubborn stains, but don’t rely on it all the time.
How To Clean Concrete Floors
Concrete floors are gaining popularity. They are low easy to clean, too. Cleaning these floors involves the following steps:
- Sweep the floor to remove loose debris.
- Use a dust mop to remove fine particles and dust.
- Mix a few drops of liquid dish soap or mild cleaner with a gallon of water.
- Vinegar and ammonia can damage the concrete finish, so don’t use these cleaning agents.
- Dip your wet mop into the solution and wring out excess water.
- Mop the floor in sections and frequently rinse to ensure thorough cleaning.
- Rinse the mop and apply warm water over the floor area to remove the soapy residue.
Occasional rebuffing can bring back your floor’s shine. You should also reseal the floor at least every four years.
How To Maintain Your Concrete Floors
Although you can perform these tasks yourself, it could be better to leave this task to floor cleaning professionals. Here are some additional concrete floor tips:
- Wipe spills right away. If there’s a stain you can’t wipe away, place a tire cleaner on the affected area. Let it sit for half an hour and wipe it off with a damp cloth.
- For standard concrete surfaces like your garage, sweep or vacuum up debris and dust. Hose down the area, paying attention to corners where grime usually gathers.
- Sprinkle cleaner over the entire floor and Scrub the area clean with a push broom. Rinse the surface using a hose.
- For oil stains on concrete, apply bleach on the affected area. Leave it for about 20 minutes. Scrub it off and rinse the area.
- Or grease, place kitty litter over the affected area. Leave it for at least two days. Remove the litter. If the stain remains, place the dry concrete mix in the same area. Leave it there for two days before cleaning it up.
- If there are tire marks, use orange citrus concentrate or an over-the-counter product. Leave it on the spot for a few hours and scrub it off.
Cleaning Ceramic Tiles
Ceramic tile creates a unique look to your home. To preserve the beauty of these tiles, adhere to these cleaning procedures:
- Sweep your floor daily to remove dust and dirt.
- Choose the highest setting for the beater bar or set it to the bare floor option to avoid scratching the tiles.
- If you spill anything on your tiles, use a microfiber flat mop and a ceramic tile cleaner to remove the stain.
Avoid using ammonia, chlorine or vinegar in cleaning the tiles. These cleaners may cause discolouration. Attaching felt pads on your furniture’s feet could help protect your tiles.
You can also impose a no-shoe policy in your home. Be sure to place a doormat down, so family members and visitors can wipe off their footwear before stepping on your floor.
Cleaning Cork Floors
Cork floors are spill and stain-resistant. After installation, they place a finishing agent over the flooring to provide a protective barrier. This prevents moisture from seeping into the flooring.
You may have to hire people to reapply the sealant. An application of polyurethane is necessary every five years. However, the wax finish only lasts from six months to one year.
To clean cork floors, choose a balanced pH cleanser. You can also combine one part water and four parts white vinegar. Use these steps next:
- Dip your mop into the cleaning solution.
- After removing the excess water, wipe the cork flooring.
- Allow the floor to air dry.
- You can also use a cloth or towel to make the floor dry faster.
- If there are any spills, wipe it right away.
To have a clean floor, do this process at least once a month. To reduce your workload, place a mat at the entrance of the room. S reduce tracking and make cleaning easier.
You should also apply window treatments. The colour of your cork flooring will fade when exposed to direct sunlight.
Cleaning Carpet Flooring
Carpet tiles are an economical and modern alternative to big bulky rugs. They are quite popular because they are easy to install, too.
Cleaning carpet tiles is like cleaning your carpet. Here’s an effective way to take out stains on carpet tiles:
- Vacuum your flooring. Doing this at least twice a week is best.
- If there are spills, blot them out right away.
- Do spot treatments to clean carpet tiles.
- If the stain is too big, remove the carpet tile and wash it. Once dry, place it back in its original position.
- Every eight to 12 months, hire your local floor cleaning services to deep clean your carpet tiles.
- Professionals often use steam cleaning, wet extraction or dry cleaning, depending on your carpet’s material.
Cleaning Terracotta Floors
Terracotta can add an earthy vibe to your home. These handmade tiles are reminiscent of the Mediterranean ambience.
Terracotta floor cleaning can be a bit challenging, though. To maintain a terracotta floor, here are some tips.
- Sweep the floor daily.
- Mop the floor with warm water or combine water and vinegar.
- Take care of spills and oil splatters immediately. They could damage the protective coating.
- Remove dirt from grout using a toothbrush and a grout cleaner.
- Scrub tiles with your preferred tile soap.
- Remove excess water with a wet vacuum.
- For stubborn stains, use a steam cleaner and dilute muriatic acid.
Step By Step Instructions For Shining Your Terracotta Floor
If you want to give your tiles an attractive glow, you can apply warm linseed oil to the tile and grout. This works well for rooms which are not prone to spills and stains.
To apply the oil, follow these steps.
- Give your tile and grout a thorough clean.
- Warm-up linseed oil.
- Apply the oil to the tile and grout.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Brush sections until there is a sheen on the surface.
- Leave the floor for eight hours.
- Reapply the oil and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wipe off excess oil with a clean rag.
Next, seal the floor with an oil-based protective sealer. Clean the flooring with a 50 per cent water and a 50 per cent acetone solution.
Let the tile dry for the next two hours. After giving the tiles a thorough clean, apply two coats of synthetic sealer.
Time-Saving Tips for Cleaning Your Floors
When cleaning any floor, always sweep first before you go over it a second time with a mop.
If you are pressed for time, use a PVA mop to get the job done with just one sweep. To use this mop, follow these steps:
- Soak the mop for two to three minutes until damp.
- Hot water with your preferred cleaning solution.
- Wring out excess water.
- Clean the surface of the floor using a push and pull motion.
- Rinse the mop when the sponge is full of dirt and debris.
Mr Meticulous Floor Cleaning Services
Sweeping and mopping are not always enough. Our cleaners know that, too. To give your flooring a deeper clean, we offer the following services:
How Do I Find The Best Floor Cleaning Services?
Even if you have no time to spare, you can always go home to a clean house. With the help of professional cleaners, worrying stains on your flooring will be a thing of the past.
When choosing your cleaning service, be sure to look at the services they offer. Find out if they have experienced cleaners. See how long they have been in the industry.
Also, consider the cleaning methods they use. Finally, ask if they have a quality guarantee.
Why Is It Important to Have Your Floors Professionally Cleaned?
Sweeping and mopping are not always enough. Giving your flooring a deeper clean, bringing back the original shine.
Also, removing stains can be too much to do on your own. If you lack expertise in the right cleaning methods, you can do more harm than good.
Why Choose Mr Meticulous?
Mr Meticulous wants nothing but to provide the best cleaning experience customers have. Here’s why.
- We don’t just clean, and we make sure you are satisfied.
- We use environmentally-friendly and non-toxic products.
- Trained and seasoned cleaners.
- Mr Meticulous delivers on our promises.
- Call us up anytime.
Who Do We Serve?
We cater to residential clients and take on floor cleaning projects, no matter what kind of flooring you have. We can also handle bigger jobs for commercial sites and business establishments.
What Can You Expect From Us?
We promise to bring the shine back to your space, no matter what type of flooring you have. We can work around your schedule and comply with your terms and conditions. Giving us blank spaces can improve your productivity and quality of life. We have the right people to take care of the job.
What Are Our Customers Saying?
Our customers know how much we value their business. We have a long list of clients who appreciate the work we do.
They also appreciate how our cleaners go out of their way to satisfy their needs. You can check out our Testimonials page for more details.
Mr Meticulous Cleaning Provides Services To The Following Cities and Towns:
Trained cleaners from Mr. Meticulous cover towns and suburbs in and out of Sydney including:
- Baulkham Hills
- Bellevue Hill
- Berowra Waters
- Beverly Hills
- Bondi Junction
- Castle Hill
- CBD Sydney
- Central & Inner Metropolitan
- Chester Hill
- Crows Nest
- Croydon Park
- Dee Why
- Double Bay
- Dulwich Hill
- East Hills
- Erskine Park
- Five Dock
- Frenchs Forest
- Georges Hall
- Homebush Bay
- Hoxton Park
- Hunters Hill
- Kings Cross
- Lane Cove
- Macarthur Region
- Milsons Point
- Mona Vale
- Mount Colah
- Mount Kuring-gai
- Neutral Bay
- North Richmond
- North Rocks
- North Ryde
- North Shore
- North Sydney
- Northern Beaches
- Outer Western Suburbs
- Oyster Bay
- Parramatta-Hills District
- Pennant Hills
- Pennant Hills
- Quakers Hill
- Regents Park
- Rooty Hill
- Rose Bay
- Sans Souci
- Seven Hills
- South Western Suburbs
- St George & Sutherland Shire
- St Ives
- St Johns Park
- St Marys
- St Peters
- Summer Hill
- Surry Hills
- Sydney City
- Sydney Markets
- Terrey Hills
- Western Suburbs
Call us/email us for a quote today
Mobile: 9904 1905