Window Cleaner Hacks
If you want clean windows, you need to have the right tools. Here’s everything you need to have more spotless windows:
- A soft-bristled brush
- Squeegee, preferably with a replaceable rubber blade and a metal frame
- Nylon scrubbing pad for tree pitch or bug dropping removal
- Cleansing powder with oxalic acid or fine steel wool for mineral stains
- White vinegar or dishwashing liquid
- Lint-free cloths
- Small bucket
- Rubber gloves
- window cleaning tools
Natural Window cleaning solution
If you have old windows at home requiring more shine, you can combine the following ingredients.
- 16 oz. rubbing alcohol
- ½ gallon of water
- ½ cup ammonia
- One teaspoon of dish soap
Take note that this solution is best for your older windows. Using ammonia on new window installations can eliminate the e-coating and void your warranty.
You can combine equal parts of water and white vinegar for all types of windows. This traditional cleaning solution can remove grease and grime in no time. Plus, it’s an all-natural ingredient.
Cleaning Windows Like the Pros
cleaning windows like a Pro
Cleaning windows like a pro takes some practice, but you can do it. Here’s a step-by-step guide to window cleaning:
- Remove dirt and dust from your windows with a scrubber and your window cleaner.
- Use the squeegee to remove excess water from your window. It would be best to do this before the water dries up in your window.
- Wipe from the top and side edge with a lint-free cloth.
- Drag the squeegee from the dry area and pull it down in one stroke.
- Wipe the squeegee blade with a cloth and start from the following area from the top.
- Repeat the process until you cover the entire window.
- Wipe the bottom edge clean with a dry cloth.
Wiping the Windows Dry
Mould and Mildew Window Cleaning
Hiring professional window washing services is more convenient, but learning a few tricks is more economical if you have a thing for cleaning windows. Giving your window a thorough washing will take up time. You need to scrub, squeegee and dry the windows, so plan out some time to get the job done.
If your windows are not that dirty, you can always follow a microfiber mitt’s dry-cleaning technique. This tool is effective for dusting interior windows.
This mitt has two surfaces. Use the plain and nubby cloth first and wipe the entire window to loosen watermarks and dust. After the initial cleanup, use the fluffy side to polish your windows and remove the remaining dust.
Wiping Up Excess Water
Removing Water Stains from Windows
Windows will constantly be exposed to water. While you can’t do anything about it, you can always make it easier to maintain your window’s pristine condition by wiping them dry after they get wet. Use a lint-free cloth to wipe water from your windows before they dry. This way, you can avoid watermarks and hard water buildup.
How to Clean Windows Without Streaks
Streaks can make windows look dirty. They also make you feel your window requires more cleaning. If you always get window streaks, here are a few tips to help you out:
- If you are washing indoors, place a towel on the window sill. This will catch drips which could prevent streaks.
- Squeegees rarely leave water streaks, but they can. To make it easier which side the streak is on, use horizontal strokes when cleaning windows from outside and vertical strokes when cleaning indoors.
- It’s easier to clean kitchen windows when the lights are on, so leave this chore for nighttime. You can see all the spots and remove the buildup of splatters and grease on your window.
- Use a rubber spatula for small and divided windows if your squeeze is too big for them.
- Wash windows on a cloudy day. Cleaning windows when the glass is in the warm or shining sun will lead to streaks.
- Use a scrubber with a long handle for windows located on the second story of your home. This is safer and more convenient, too.
Tips for Washing Hard to Reach Windows
Homes with tall windows or windows on higher floors are hard to clean. You can always use a ladder to clean the window or call a professional to do the job. If neither options appeal to you, look for a window cleaner tool with a long handle. Microfiber cloth can loosen and remove most of the dust and dirt from your window. So, it would be best to look for a microfiber window cleaner.
Once you have the proper tools on hand, it will be easier to clean windows on the upper floors without putting your life at risk.
How Much Do Window Cleaners Charge?
Window Cleaning Prices – Charges
If you think of hiring professionals for window washing services, the price is one of your primary concerns. Cleaners usually charge anywhere from $2 to $7 per pane. The cost will also depend on the following factors:
- The number of windows in your home.
- The size of your windows.
- Cleaners charge more for dirty and grimy windows in the state of your windows.
- Whether you want exterior-only, interior-only or both sides cleaned.
- When you need extra stain or paint removal.
There could also be additional charges for cleaning your screens, tracks and windowsills. Most companies charge higher fees for windows from the third floor and up.
Window Cleaning Tips for Apartment Dwellers
Window Cleaning Tips for Apartment people
If you live in an apartment, here are some valuable tips to make window cleaning more effective:
- Ditch the paper towels for the squeegee.
- Use warm soapy water or equal parts of water and vinegar to bring back your window’s shine.
- Bring down the squeegee in one stroke.
- Use the minimum amount of water in window cleaning.
- Use lint-free or a microfiber cloth to buff and dry windows.
- Apply a non-gel toothpaste of baking soda paste on window scratches for 30 seconds to make it less visible.
Mr Meticulous Window Cleaning Services
Window Cleaning Services
Window cleaning is challenging and, in some cases, dangerous. You can always hire professional cleaners for windows you can’t help but give up on. A service like Mr Meticulous offers a wide array of services for window cleaning. Here’s a quick overview for you.
Window Cleaning for High Rise
Mr Meticulous window cleaners can handle all types of commercial buildings irrespective of configuration, size or height. We provide quality cleaning services for:
- High rise buildings
- Small office buildings
- Glass partitions
Window Cleaning for Residential
Cleaning your windows can take up a lot of time, but it can also be dangerous. Mr Meticulous can provide professional cleaners who can wash your windows thoroughly. Plus, we offer additional window cleaning services for your home, such as:
- Gutter cleaning
- Dusting high areas
Why Do You Need Window Cleaning Services?