Would you rather tidy up yourself or hire professional home cleaning services?
Sydney in 2019 now has the best cleaner ever, and they have all come together to work for us at Mr Meticulous Cleaning.
It all depends on your time, availability, and budget. If cleaning isn’t for you, consider contracting a cleaner to carry out your domestic cleaning services and spend your time doing the things you enjoy.
Here are some tips on how to achieve the kind of clean-up that professional house cleaning services provide.
Room-by-room Cleaning: The Best Approach
A messy home is like a war zone. You will not achieve anything without a plan. Here are some basic guidelines to get you started on giving your home a thorough clean.
- Use a top-down approach. Make sure everything upstairs is clean before attacking the mess downstairs.
- Deal with the stairs on your way down. It’s more efficient to sweep dirt towards you when cleaning the stairs. Always be careful with the steps.
- Tackle the mess in the hall. Halls are often the dirtiest part of the house as they are used regularly. Cleaning the hall first will prevent you from tracking dirt all over the house.
- Next, clean the living room, followed by the dining room. For this part of the house, make sure to dust everything first before sweeping the floor.
- Next to tackle are the bathrooms and utility rooms. These areas can take the most time as they require cleaning and disinfecting.
- End your general cleaning in the kitchen, ensuring that all food preparation areas are spotless and hygienic.
These tips will make the cleaning process more efficient and help you tackle the job in an organized way. Here are some cleaning hacks for every part of your home:
With all the time you spend in bed, it’s crucial to clean this area of the house regularly. Bedding, curtains and other soft furnishings should be regularly cleaned to make sure they are free of dust and dirt. Start by using a damp cloth to clean all surfaces and items in the bedroom including lamps and switches. Wipe down the ceiling fan’s blades if it’s been a while since you gave it a thorough clean. Sweep the floor and vacuum, then go through all the other items you have in the room after that. Throw out expired beauty products and go through the things in your closet to de-clutter. Give your mattress a thorough beating to get rid of dust and replace your sheets and blanket.
Dining rooms should look appealing and inviting. Start by cleaning away any clutter and get rid of the items you don’t need in the room. Dust and polish all the items in the room. Remove cobwebs from the ceiling fan and other fixtures. Remember to take down the curtains for cleaning every once in a while, too. Wipe the furniture and get rid of stains if necessary. Sweep the floor and vacuum.
Living Room/Family Room
The living room is usually the favorite area in the house, but it’s easy to overlook how messy it gets. This quick cleaning method requires only 15 minutes to tidy up. Start by dusting the ceilings and corners. Wipe photographs and decorations. If you have a ceiling fan, be sure to remove dust from its blades and remember to take down the curtains and replace with a fresh set. Clean the carpet or hire house cleaners to assist you with this. Dust off doormats, sweep the floor and vacuum.
As noted above, it’s best to leave the kitchen until the rest of the house is clean. Start by looking around at the items you have.
Do all those things belong in the kitchen? If yes, stash them in one corner first and organize them later.
For items that belong elsewhere in the house, keep them in one basket ready to store in the right place. It’s more efficient to get on with the main task ahead and leave organizing for later.
When you are ready:
- Start by clearing up the sink, making sure to clean any food and debris and disinfect the area.
- Wash the dishes and pans, before using spray cleaners on countertops and stovetops next.
- Then, open the fridge and throw away all expired items.
- Remove any cobwebs from surfaces and appliances and wipe cabinets, appliances, and other surfaces including cabinet doors and drawers.
- Take out the trash and clean the bin and then, last of all, sweep and mop the floor.
An all-purpose cleaner can be used for bathroom surfaces, but you may choose specific cleaning items for things like toilets and plugholes. Start by pouring a liquid toilet cleaner into the toilet bowl. Leave the bowl and move on to the sink first before the shower and tub. Baking soda also works wonders on these features. Glass and shower doors deserve your attention next. White vinegar is a miracle-worker for cloudy glass panels and will leave your surfaces sparkling. Tackle the toilet bowl last. Use a toilet brush to remove dirt from the rim, then disinfect the toilet bowl and wipe it dry.
Outdoor Areas and Patios
After cleaning all the rooms indoors, take some time to clean the outdoors too. Clean the glass outside your home. A mixture of water, white vinegar, and two teaspoons of liquid soap makes an effective stain remover. Next, pay attention to the patio furniture. Follow this steps for a quick cleanup:
- Mix one tablespoon borax with one-quarter warm water
- Scrub the furniture with a sponge to remove dirt
- Rinse the furniture
- Dry it using a soft cloth
Fire pits and outdoor grills should also be cleaned regularly. You can use lemon juice and baking soda for these items, but always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when cleaning them as some products may not be suitable.
General House Cleaning Tips
Here are some more strategies on how to tackle a messy home from the pros:
Dusting doesn’t have to be complicated, and there are some helpful hacks to make the process easier. Here’s our dusting cheat sheet for your next cleaning session:
- Dust from top to bottom. Better yet, use a microfiber cloth to make cleaning more effective.
- Buy a bendable duster. This type of duster works perfectly for ceiling fans and light fixtures.
- Get rid of cobwebs and dusty moldings by attaching a sports sock onto a mop pole. Use the same trick for baseboards.
- Use a flat mop to dust the walls.
- Vacuum bathroom vents with the brush attachment.
- Use a small paintbrush to remove dust from delicate items.
Pushing a vacuum cleaner back and forth seems self-explanatory. However, there’s an even better way to use the vacuum for quick and effective cleaning:
- Dust the room first.
- Move furniture out of the way.
- Empty the vacuum bag.
- Start by vacuuming the area away from the door and move in a backwards direction.
- Spot treat any stains.
There are ways to be more effective when mopping your floors. The time it takes to clean the entire floor will vary depending on the size of the room, but whatever the size of the room, here are some tips to help you out:
- Choose the right mop. Sponge mops work best for a smooth floor, while rag or string mop work better for textured floors.
- Remove the mess and sweep the floor before mopping.
- Fill the bucket or sink and fill it with hot water and your choice of cleaning solution.
- Always wring out excess water from the mop.
- Mop from one end of a room to the other so that you can be sure not to miss any spots.
- Rinse the mop in a separate bucket after cleaning a section to avoid getting dirt on the floor.
Overlooked Cleaning Areas
Some parts of the house accumulate more dirt than you might expect. Here are some hidden corners that can gather dirt:
- High Shelves. Be sure to wash items on upper shelves at least every two months. Shelves located close to the stove often get greasy so get rid of the grease and grime regularly to avoid buildup.
- Mable Countertops. Flour and hydrogen peroxide works well on organic stains. If the stain is oil-based, mix flour and dishwashing liquid for an effective clean-up.
- Laundry Room. Clutter in this room can make the entire house disorganized. Create a system of folding and storing in the laundry to avoid this problem.
Cleaning Hacks for Hard-to-reach Areas
Getting rid of the mess at home shouldn’t be difficult with the right technique. Here are some tips to make the process easier:
- Attach a toilet paper tube at the end of the vacuum cleaner’s suction tube. This hack is perfect for reaching window frames.
- Use a cotton swab to remove dirt from your car’s interior.
- Sprinkle baking soda on your mattress. Leave it for 10 minutes and then vacuum the mattress.
- Adhesive lint rollers don’t just work on clothes – these are perfect for dusting cloth lampshades.
- Clean air vents by wrapping a knife with a soaked towel.
- Pencil erasers can remove dark marks on a linoleum floor.
- Get rid of mineral deposits on faucets by scrubbing with an old toothbrush and baking soda.
Must-have Cleaning Supplies
If you do the cleaning yourself, you need to have all the equipment at home. Here are the key items you will need in your cleaning tool kit:
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Dishwashing liquid
- Fabric softener
- Toilet brush
- Microfiber cloth
- Multi-purpose cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Rubber gloves
- Paper towels
Green Cleaning Guide
Most cleaners contain chemicals which could cause irritation or trigger allergies. If you are concerned about the ill-effects of these products, go for green products instead.
Household cleaners don’t cost much, and in many cases, they are as effective as commercial cleaners. It’s even possible to make green cleaners at home with these ingredients:
- Baking soda
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- White Vinegar
- Castile Soap
- Washing Soda
Commercial green products are also available. You might want to try these out next time you go shopping. Some professional home cleaners including Mr. Meticulous use these products too.
Hydrophobic Spray Explained
Cleaning can be tough, but this new product makes the task easier for you. Hydrophobic sprays provide a water-repellent coating, giving items a “self-cleaning” ability. A coating of this spray will make it impossible for mold, damp, and stains to cling on to surfaces. “NeverWet” is just one of the liquid-repelling treatments available on the market today. This product is easy to find – try looking for it at Home Depot.
How To Clean When You Are Allergic To Dust
Domestic home cleaning can be dusty business. If dust triggers an allergic reaction for you, it might be best to leave the job to professional house cleaners. However, if that’s not an option, you can minimize the effects of dust by following these tips:
- If getting somebody else to do the cleaning is not an option, wear a surgical face mask while cleaning to minimize the amount of dust particles you inhale.
- Move at a slower pace as this will create less disturbance of the dust particles.
- A damp cloth works well for reducing the amount of dust floating in the air.
- Choose a vacuum with a HEPA filter. Get one with a disposal system that doesn’t expose you to dust while changing the bags.
- Another tip is to avoid clutter. Less clutter means reduced dust buildup in random places. This can also make your apartment or home look more spacious by getting organized.
How To Choose Home Cleaners
Homes require regular cleaning, but this chore seems impossible when you have kids, work, a social life and other commitments. Hiring professional cleaners offers a convenient solution for you and your family.
Here are some tips on choosing the right cleaning company:
- Interview more than one cleaning company and find the perfect fit.
- Ask about the required cleaning equipment and who will supply it.
- List the areas of the home that require cleaning.
- Keep in mind that cleaning fees will depend on the type of home you have and the service you require. Check if there are any add-on fees.
Deep Cleaning Before Baby’s Arrival
Cleaning before you give birth is hard. If you do decide to clean up yourself, we have a few reminders:
- Don’t clean up cat litter. Avoid contact with litter and get somebody else to help with this job.
- Always wear gloves when gardening.
- Use green products or homemade cleaning products.
- Steer clear of paint.
Hiring Home Cleaners On A Budget
A household cleaning service doesn’t need to be expensive. Even if you are on a budget, here are some tips to find a provider to fit your budget:
- Ask for cleaning on specific areas.
- Organize your home first.
- Shop around for the best rate.
What Mr. Meticulous Has To Offer
Our domestic cleaners won’t shirk from ay cleaning job and we can help you organize and clean your home to create a comfortable and inviting environment for you and your family. Here are some of the services we can provide:
- Regular cleaning services
- Cleaning when vacating a property
- Spring clean service
- Rental property cleaning
- End of lease cleaning
- Last minute cleaning
- Office cleaning
- Air purification systems
- Insurance cleaning service
- Carpet cleaning service
What’s Included In Our Home Cleaning Services?
- House cleaning. Our home cleaners can help you with dusting, mopping, vacuuming, and tackling those messy windows.
- Spotless kitchens can be achieved with our professional cleaners who can get rid of crumbs on stoves and cooktops and will remove all stains from your cooking area.
- Shower stalls, toilets, sinks, and bathroom tiles require a lot of cleaning and we have professionals who are up to the task.
- Mr. Meticulous can give your bedrooms a deep clean including windows, carpets, mattresses, and linens.
- Living/Family Rooms. Floors and crevices in living rooms are highly susceptible to stains, and we can deploy people to solve these and all related issues.
- Specialty House Cleaning Services. You might have special requests for cleaning your home. Just call us up to request a tailored cleaning service from our dedicated team.
How Does It Work?
Mr. Meticulous makes it easier for you to keep your home clean by providing experts to help you get rid of the mess. The first thing to do is think about the areas of the house you need help with. Once you have the list, get in touch with us.
We will provide you with guidance on the service and provide estimates. We cater to all types of cleaning projects, and our cleaners can work around your schedule.
Residential Cleaning Services Cost Estimate
Investing in the right cleaning service provider will save you from problems later on. Don’t just look for a cheap rate, find a company with the best bang for your buck.
Of course, it’s also useful to know the average rates that professionals charge. There is no standard price list since cleaning services will depend on several factors, including the size of your home, the number of floors, how often you need the cleaning service, whether there are pets, and whether there are hard to clean areas. Since Mr. Meticulous provides customized cleaning services, there may also be additional charges depending on your specific requests.
In general, rates can range from $30 to $38 per hour. Hiring a cleaning company to mop and vacuum a four-bedroom home with four bathrooms can cost around $180. Tidying up an apartment unit with one bathroom and two bedrooms might cost in the region of $100.
For a more accurate price estimate, get in touch with us.
What Our Clients Say
Customer reviews are the best source of information to help you choose a reliable cleaning service. Mr. Meticulous has been in the business for 20 years, and we have had the pleasure to serve numerous clients.
We focus on building relationships and our long-term clients have wonderful experiences to share.
Mr. Meticulous provides domestic cleaning services in the following areas in and around Sydney including:
- CBD Sydney
- Central & Inner Metropolitan
- Sydney City
- Surry Hills
- Kings Cross
- Bondi Junction
- Bellevue Hill
- Double Bay
- Rose Bay
- St Peters
- Five Dock
- Northern Beaches
- Dee Why
- Mona Vale
- Macarthur Region
- North Shore
- North Sydney
- Milsons Point
- Crows Nest
- Lane Cove
- St Ives
- Mount Colah
- Mount Kuring-gai
- Berowra Waters
- Terrey Hills
- Frenchs Forest
- Neutral Bay
- Hunters Hill
- North Ryde
- Pennant Hills
- Pennant Hills
- Western Suburbs
- Homebush Bay
- Sydney Markets
- Summer Hill
- Croydon Park
- Regents Park
- Seven Hills
- Parramatta-Hills District
- North Rocks
- Baulkham Hills
- Castle Hill
- Outer Western Suburbs
- North Richmond
- Erskine Park
- St Marys
- Quakers Hill
- Rooty Hill
- St George & Sutherland Shire
- Sans Souci
- Oyster Bay
- South Western Suburbs
- Chester Hill
- Hoxton Park
- St Johns Park
- Georges Hall
- Dulwich Hill
- Beverly Hills
- East Hills
Ask Us For Your Home Cleaning Services
If you don’t have the time to do it yourself, opt for home cleaning services from the experts. Residential cleaning services will free up your time and give your home a deeper clean. Call Mr. Meticulous and ask us how affordable it is to take advantage of our bespoke house cleaning services.
Find out more now…
Head Office, Neutral Bay Sydney 2089
Mobile: 9904 1905