Windows attract a lot of attention, so you need to clean them regularly. Unfortunately, cleaning windows is tricky. If you live in a high-rise building or you have a multiple-floor house, hiring window cleaning services in sydney could be your best choice. This year, in 2019 we want to clean your windows, inside and outside professionally.
Cleaning Stubborn Hard Water Stains
Hard water can leave stains on your windows. Luckily, there is a natural solution for those stubborn stains. Combine the following ingredients to make a cleaning solution:
- One cup vinegar
- ½ cup dish soap
- ½ cup lemon juice
To make cleaning more convenient, place the solution in a spray bottle. When you are ready to start cleaning your windows, follow these steps:
- Spray the solution on your window.
- Leave it for at least 10 minutes.
- Dip a stiff bristle brush in water and scrub your windows.
- Rinse with water.
Stickers and Decal Removal
Stickers are challenging to remove completely, but it’s possible. Here are a few tips to remove decals and stickers without damaging your windows:
- Remove the decal or sticker manually. You can use a credit card, your fingernail or a razor to do it. Be extra careful not to scratch the window, though.
- Use an adhesive remover to get rid of the sticky residue. You can use any of the following:
- Goo Gone
- Olive Oil
- Rubbing alcohol
- White Vinegar
- Leave the adhesive remover for a few minutes, but don’t let it dry up.
- Use a soft cloth to rub away the sticky residue.
If you need to replace stickers regularly, it would be easier to buy a special razor blade for removing stickers. When using any of the recommended adhesives, test them in one area of the window first. This way, you can test if it has any adverse effects on your window.
Cleaning Window Screens
Window screens become dirty over time. Dust and other debris can build up on screens, so they require regular cleaning.
If your screen is not too dirty, you don’t have to remove it from the window. Take a lint roller and roll it along the screen two or three times on both sides. This won’t clean the screen thoroughly but it works best if your windows are a little dusty.
For loose dirt and dust, use the soft brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner. Don’t push too hard on your screen to avoid tearing it apart.
If your screens need a deeper clean than what a vacuum cleaner can provide, you need to remove it from your window. Just follow these simple steps:
- Rinse your screen with water to remove caked-on grime and dirt.
- Mix half a gallon of warm water and a tablespoon of dish soap or white vinegar.
- Dip a cloth on the solution and scrub both sides of the screen.
- Rinse the screen thoroughly and let it dry.
For stubborn grime, you can use an old toothbrush instead of a soft cloth. Be gentle with scrubbing the screen to keep from ripping it. If insects sneak through your screen, seal the bottom holes with a clear nail polish.
Removing Dirt and Grime from Window Exteriors
For cleaning exterior windows, it would be easier to do the job with a hose. If you don’t have one, you can use a lint-free cloth and water to remove dirt. Your pressure washer can also work, but make sure to set it to the lowest setting.
Vacuuming Inside Windows
When cleaning the inner portion of the window, place a towel or old newspaper in front of your window. This will catch spills and dust.
Run your vacuum on the edge of your window to gather all the dirt. Pay extra attention to the sills and the corners. Vacuuming will remove dust debris, so you will avoid streaks when you give your window a deeper clean.
After vacuuming, remove grime buildup in the corner of your window with a cotton swab dipped in white vinegar.
How to Clean Window Interior and Exteriors
When cleaning your windows, you need to have the right equipment and an effective technique. Here are some useful tips to help you get started.
Window Cleaner Toolkits
If you want clean windows, you need to have the right tools. Here’s everything you need to have cleaner windows:
- A soft-bristled brush
- Squeegee, preferably with a replaceable rubber blade and a metal frame
- Nylon scrubbing pad for tree pitch or bug dropping removal
- Cleansing powder with oxalic acid or fine steel wool for mineral stains
- White vinegar or dishwashing liquid
- Lint-free cloths
- Small bucket
- Rubber gloves
If you have old windows at home requiring more shine, you can combine the following ingredients.
- 16 oz. rubbing alcohol
- ½ gallon of water
- ½ cup ammonia
- One teaspoon dish soap
Take note that this solution is best for your older windows. Using ammonia on new window installations can eat away the e-coating, and it can void your warranty.
For all types of windows, you can combine equal parts of water and white vinegar. This traditional cleaning solution can remove grease and grime in no time. Plus, it’s an all-natural ingredient.
Cleaning Windows Like the Pros
Cleaning windows like a pro take some practice, but you can do it. Here’s a step-by-step guide to window cleaning:
- Remove dirt and dust from your windows with a scrubber and your window cleaner.
- Use the squeegee to remove excess water from your window. You need to do this before the water dries up in your window.
- Wipe from the top and side edge with a lint-free cloth.
- Drag the squeegee from the dry area and pull it down in one stroke.
- Wipe the squeegee blade with a cloth and start from the next area from the top.
- Repeat the process until you cover the entire window.
- Wipe the bottom edge clean with a dry cloth.
Wiping the Windows Dry
Hiring professional window washing services is more convenient, but if you have a thing for clean windows, learning a few tricks is more economical. Giving your window a thorough washing will take up time. You need to scrub, squeegee and dry the windows, so plan out some time to get the job done.
If your windows are not that dirty, you can always follow a dry cleaning technique using a microfiber mitt. This tool is effective for dusting interior windows.
This mitt has two surfaces. Use the plain and nubby cloth first and wipe the entire window to loosen water marks and dust. After the initial cleanup, use the fluffy side to polish your windows and remove remaining dust.
Wiping Up Excess Water
Windows will always be exposed to water. While you can’t do anything about it, you can always make it easier to maintain your window’s pristine condition by wiping them dry after they get wet. Use a lint-free cloth to wipe water from your windows before they dry. This way, you can avoid watermarks and hard water buildup.
How to Clean Windows Without Streaks
Streaks can make windows look dirty. They also make you feel your window requires more cleaning. If you always get window streaks, here are a few tips to help you out:
- If you are washing indoors, place a towel on the window sill. This will catch drips which could prevent streaks.
- Squeegees rarely leave water streaks, but they can. To make it easier which side the streak is on, use horizontal strokes when cleaning windows from outside and vertical strokes when cleaning indoors.
- It’s easier to clean kitchen windows when the lights are on, so leave this chore for nighttime. This way, you can see all the spots and remove the buildup of splatters and grease on your window.
- Use a rubber spatula for small and divided windows if your squeeze is too big for them.
- Wash windows on a cloudy day. Cleaning windows when the glass is warm or the sun is shining will lead to streaks.
- Use a scrubber with a long handle for windows located on the second story of your home. This is safer and more convenient, too.
Tips for Washing Hard to Reach Windows
Homes with tall windows or windows on higher floors are hard to clean. You can always use a ladder to clean the window or call a professional to do the job. If neither options appeal to you, look for a window cleaner tool with a long handle. Microfiber cloth can loosen and remove most of the dust and dirt from your window. So, it would be best to look for a microfiber window cleaner.
Once you have the proper tools on hand, it will be easier to clean windows on upper floors without putting your life at risk.
How Much Do Window Cleaners Charge?
If you are thinking of hiring professionals for window washing services, the price is one of your major concerns. Cleaners usually charge anywhere from $2 to $7 per pane. The cost will also depend on the following factors:
- The number of windows in your home.
- The size of your windows.
- The state of your windows, cleaners charge more for dirty and grimy windows.
- Whether you want exterior-only, interior-only or both sides cleaned.
- When you need extra stain or paint removal.
There could also be additional charges for cleaning your screens, tracks and windowsills. Most companies charge higher fees for windows from the third floor and up, as well.
Window Cleaning Tips for Apartment Dwellers
If you live in an apartment, here are some useful tips to make window cleaning more effective:
- Ditch the paper towels for the squeegee.
- Use warm soapy water or equal parts of water and vinegar to bring back your window’s shine.
- Bring down the squeegee in one stroke.
- Use the minimum amount of water in window cleaning.
- Use lint-free or a microfiber cloth to buff and dry windows.
- Apply a non-gel toothpaste of baking soda paste on window scratches for 30 seconds to make it less visible.
Mr. Meticulous Window Cleaning Services
Window cleaning is tough and, in some cases, dangerous. For windows you can’t help but give up on, you can always hire professional cleaners. A service like Mr. Meticulous offers a wide array of services when it comes to window cleaning. Here’s a quick overview for you.
Mr. Meticulous window cleaners can handle all types of commercial buildings irrespective of configuration, size or height. We provide quality cleaning services for:
- High rise buildings
- Small office buildings
- Glass partitions
Cleaning your windows can take up a lot of time, it can also be dangerous. Mr. Meticulous can provide professional cleaners who can give your windows a thorough washing. Plus, we offer additional window cleaning service for your home, such as:
- Gutter cleaning
- Dusting high areas
Why Do You Need Window Cleaning Services?
Cleaning your windows is not just for aesthetic purposes. It is also necessary for an energy-efficient home. Here’s why your windows require regular washing:
- Clean windows allow more natural light into your room. You won’t have to turn the lights on during the daytime.
- Spotless windows make it easier to appreciate the view outside. From outside, homes with clean windows also look more attractive.
- It’s dangerous to clean the windows by yourself when you live on a higher floor. Rather than risk your life while cleaning the windows, you should leave the job to professionals.
- Windows become fragile when left dirty for a long time. The longer you wait to clean your windows, the harder it becomes to remove stains.
- Window cleaners can spot cracks and other possible problems with your window.
What Mr. Meticulous Offers
Mr. Meticulous offers industrial, commercial, and domestic window cleaning. We can clean all types of windows, even those located in hard to reach areas. We also offer blinds and curtain cleaning services. Mr. Meticulous window cleaners adhere to a strict standard of cleanliness. We also have a systematic approach to giving your windows a thorough clean.
Mr. Meticulous Three-Step Window Cleaning Process
To make your windows sparkle, we implement the following three-step cleaning process:
- Rub and Scrub: We break down the buildup of airborne contaminants, allergens, grime and grease on your windows first.
- Dirt Removal: We use professional-grade squeegee equipment which removes 99 percent of water and dirt from glass pores.
- Wipe and Polish: We take care of sills and edges and give these areas a thorough wiping. Right after this process your windows will sparkle and shine.
Why Choose Mr. Meticulous
Mr. Meticulous puts its customer’s interest first, and you can look forward to:
- Reasonable cleaning service fees.
- Professional window cleaners.
- Round the clock service.
- Insured workers.
- Satisfaction-guarantee on all cleaning projects.
Window Care Program
Your windows will require regular cleaning. Rather than hiring a window cleaner every time your home’s peepers look dirty, we suggest scheduling a cleanup session every year. With the Mr. Meticulous Window Care program, you can get discounts if you have your window cleaning scheduled ahead of time. We suggest thorough interior window cleaning every six months, and exterior cleaning every three months. Having a window cleaning schedule can help you save money and prevent you from forgetting your windows need your attention, too.
Mr. Meticulous Window Cleaning Service is Available in These Areas
Trained cleaners from Mr. Meticulous cover towns and suburbs in and out of Sydney including:
Mr. Meticulous provides carpet cleaning services to residential and commercial establishments in Sydney including the CBD, towns, Eastern suburbs and other suburbs located in and out of Sydney. The areas we cover include:
- CBD Sydney
- Central & Inner Metropolitan
- Sydney City
- Surry Hills
- Kings Cross
- Bondi Junction
- Bellevue Hill
- Double Bay
- Rose Bay
- St Peters
- Five Dock
- Northern Beaches
- Dee Why
- Mona Vale
- Macarthur Region
- North Shore
- North Sydney
- Milsons Point
- Crows Nest
- Lane Cove
- St Ives
- Mount Colah
- Mount Kuring-gai
- Berowra Waters
- Terrey Hills
- Frenchs Forest
- Neutral Bay
- Hunters Hill
- North Ryde
- Pennant Hills
- Pennant Hills
- Western Suburbs
- Homebush Bay
- Sydney Markets
- Summer Hill
- Croydon Park
- Regents Park
- Seven Hills
- Parramatta-Hills District
- North Rocks
- Baulkham Hills
- Castle Hill
- Outer Western Suburbs
- North Richmond
- Erskine Park
- St Marys
- Quakers Hill
- Rooty Hill
- St George & Sutherland Shire
- Sans Souci
- Oyster Bay
- South Western Suburbs
- Chester Hill
- Hoxton Park
- St Johns Park
- Georges Hall
- Dulwich Hill
- Beverly Hills
- East Hills
Call Us/email us for a free Quote Today
Mobile: 9904 1905
Book a Professional Window Cleaner Today
Clean windows make your home or office look brighter. You don’t have to suffer from looking at grimy and greasy windows when you can hire a cleaning company to provide window cleaning services. To get better rates, we suggest you inquire about our Window Care Program by calling or contacting us at…