Kitchen cleaning services can make your life easier, but you can also do the cleaning by yourself. The process is possible, albeit challenging, but the result is a sparkling kitchen. To help you give your kitchen a thorough scrub, here’s everything you need to know about the process.
Kitchen Cleaning Kit Must-Haves
Cleaning the kitchen is a laborious task, but it’s easy with the right tools. Before you decide on the best order for cleaning day, make sure you have all these tools on hand:
- An all-purpose surface cleaner for counters
- Non-abrasive cleaners for counters and other surfaces
- Liquid hand soap or dishwashing soap
- Natural cleaners including lemons, baking soda and vinegar
- Sink cleaner or your preferred stainless steel cleaner
- Rubber gloves, clean sponges and a bucket
- Paper towels, microfiber cloth or rag
- Brush for scrubbing pots and pans
- Brush for cleaning bottles and glassware from the inside
How to Clean a Kitchen: A Step by Step Guide
Different areas in the kitchen require special cleaning treatments. It can be easy to forget to clean all the key sections of your kitchen. So, if you’re wondering how to clean a kitchen, this step-by-step guide can help you out.
Cleaning Counters in Constant Use
Kitchen counters are where you get most of the work done in the kitchen. You unpack groceries, prepare ingredients, and sort your mail here. Wiping off the surface is not enough. You need a deeper clean. The secret to cleaning these counters depend on the type. Here’s a cheat sheet for cleaning the most common kitchen counters:
- Butcher’s Block: Scrub the countertop with hot water and mild dish soap. Rinse the counter with hot water and spray undiluted vinegar. Leave the vinegar for about 15 minutes. Finally, wipe the countertop dry with a paper towel or dishcloth.
- Marble: Clean marble countertops with a non-acidic dish soap and warm water. For stains, combine water and baking soda. Let it sit 24 hours before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Granite: You will need mild dish soap and a microfiber cloth to bring back the shine to granite countertops. If you want a cleaner feel, apply isopropyl alcohol onto your counters.
- Laminate: Use a non-abrasive cleaner on laminate countertops. You can use a scrub brush for textured laminate.
- Stainless Steel: Keep stainless steel counters clean with soap and water. For a deeper clean, sprinkle some baking soda on the surface. Next, pour a few drops of undiluted white vinegar and scrub the counter. Rinse the surface thoroughly with water and wipe it dry.
- Quartz: Wash your quartz countertops with soap or a mild detergent and water.
- Soap Stone: All you need to clean a soap stone counter is mild soap and water. For scratches, you can buff the surface with sandpaper.
- Concrete: Use a microfiber cloth and a non-acidic cleaner. Don’t use aggressive scrubbing pads since it can strip off the sealer.
Top Tips for a Sparkling Sink
Kitchens should have a clean sink. If you have a porcelain or stainless steel sink, here are some tips on how to give it a thorough clean:
- Wet your sink with warm water.
- Sprinkle baking soda generously on all surfaces.
- Rub the surface with a sponge or a microfiber cloth to form a paste.
- Using an old toothbrush, scrub the faucet and the underside flaps of the rubber drain.
- Rinse the area thoroughly with warm water.
- Wipe your sink dry.
- Soak paper towels in white vinegar.
- Place enough paper towels to cover your sink.
- Leave the towels in your sink for at least 20 minutes.
- Rinse the sink with dish soap and warm water.
- Always dry your sink completely with a soft towel.
For copper and stone sinks, use mild dish soap and warm water. Don’t use acidic cleaners for these sinks. Be sure to pat it dry after cleaning.
Germ Busting Hints for Your Refrigerator
Your refrigerator requires thorough cleaning, too. To decrease your workload, clean your refrigerator before your countertop. Here are the steps on how to keep your fridge clean:
- Turn off your refrigerator and unplug it.
- Take everything out and place it on the counter. Throw out all expired or mouldy
- Remove drawers and shelves.
- Clean the parts you removed in soap and warm water. Set the parts aside to dry.
- Use a multipurpose cleaner and non-abrasive sponge to wipe down the fridge. Pay attention to corners and crevices.
- Clean the fridge door and other exterior surfaces with a microfiber cloth.
- Leave the fridge door open until the insides dry.
- After drying off everything, replace the drawers and shelves.
- Wipe bottles and jars clean before putting them back in your refrigerator.
- Plug in your fridge and turn it back on.
Keeping Cabinets Clean
If you want clean kitchens, you can’t just focus on surfaces. You need to clean your cabinet doors, handles and shelves, too. Clean your cabinets thoroughly at least every quarter to prevent pest infestations like insects and rodents.
For cabinet cleaning, use a microfiber cloth and a multi-purpose cleaner. Wipe down the inside portion of the cabinet, the cabinet doors and handles. For hard to reach areas, use an old toothbrush.
If you have a painted cabinet, mix water and baking soda to remove stains. Wipe the paste with a damp cloth and allow the cabinet to dry. For wooden cabinets, use oil soap. Wipe it on in a thin layer and then polish for an impressive shine.
Master Your Messy Microwave Oven
Food gunk can make your microwave smell foul and look messy. Here’s a simple guide on how to clean your microwave without breaking a sweat:
- Place a cup of water in a microwave-safe bowl or glass.
- Add a chopped lemon, lime, orange or a tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Turn the microwave on for five minutes.
- Wait for 15 minutes or until the microwave cools before wiping the inner portion with a sponge.
- Remove grease from the microwave’s door with vinegar and water solution.
- Wipe the rubber gasket clean with plain water.
- After cleaning everything, wipe everything dry.
Solve Those Never-Ending Stovetop Spills
Cooktops will always end up greasy and messy. Learning how to keep the kitchen clean daily requires some knowledge on removing stains from the stovetop. Here are a few effective methods for removing baked-on spills and grime.
- Pour some ammonia into a zip-top bag. Place the removable burners inside and leave it overnight. Rinse everything thoroughly by the morning.
- Pour burning water on a dirty surface. Scrub stubborn grime away and rinse.
- Drizzle baking soda over the stove top and pour hydrogen peroxide. Rinse the stove top after the stains disappear.
- Combine one part white vinegar and two parts water. Rinse thoroughly.
- Mix one tablespoons of salt, water, and baking soda. Scrub the stovetop clean with this paste.
Oven Cleaning Made Simple
Ovens can sit for months without being cleaned. If this is your sole concern, we have an easy solution. Follow these steps to make your oven cleaning more convenient:
- Take out your oven racks.
- Soak the racks in vinegar and hot water.
- Mix equal parts of water and baking soda to make a paste.
- Spread the paste inside the oven and leave for at least 12 hours.
- Wipe off as much baking soda paste as you can with a damp cloth.
- Spray white vinegar on areas with baking soda residue.
- Wipe down the inside of your oven with a damp cloth.
- Replace the racks and turn on the oven for at least 15 minutes to let it dry.
For the oven window, apply some baking soda paste and leave it for 30 minutes. Wipe the window clean with a rag.
Don’t Forget Your Dirty Dishwasher
Cleaning your dishwasher doesn’t require much effort. Here are some easy home cleaning tips for dishwashers:
- Take everything out of your dishwasher.
- Check for hard chunks in the drain. Remove all the solid particles you find.
- Pour white vinegar in a dishwasher-safe cup and place it on the top rack.
- Run a cycle and use the hottest water setting.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the bottom portion of the dishwasher.
- Run a short cycle under the hottest water setting.
Cleaning Your Coffeemaker is a Must
Mould and bacteria can build up in your coffee maker if you don’t clean it daily or at the least, weekly. A dirty coffee machine can ruin the flavor of even the best coffee beans. To avoid germs in your coffee pot here is an easy cleaning technique:
- Fill the water chamber with water and vinegar. Stick to a 50:50 ratio.
- Use a paper filter and brew. Wait until half the chamber is empty.
- Turn off the coffee maker.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Replace the paper filter.
- Brew a pot of water to rinse the coffee maker twice.
- Fill the carafe with warm, sudsy water. Throw in some rice grains or use a bottle brush to scrub the pot.
- Rinse and dry.
Quick Tips for Kitchen Floor Cleaning
The key to keeping your kitchen floors clean is to sweep and mop daily. Water and mild detergent can do the trick for most types of floors. If you let dirt and grime build up, it will take more time and effort to get your kitchen floors clean. Also, be sure to clean up spills as soon as they occur to avoid stains.
For Fingerprint-Free Stainless Steel Appliances
For stainless steel kitchen equipment, you need warm water and a mild detergent. After rinsing your appliance, wipe it dry with a dry cloth to avoid water spots.
Kitchen Vents Need Love, Too
You should include kitchen exhaust cleaning on your list. If you have never tried cleaning the vent before, here’s a quick and easy guide:
- Unplug the fan or turn off the circuit breaker.
- Remove the mesh filter from your hood.
- Pour boiling water over the filter to loosen the grease.
- Mix two tablespoons baking soda, ¼ cup ammonia and one-quart warm water.
- Use your natural cleaner to remove grease from the fan blades.
- Rinse the fan and dry them with paper towels.
- Using an old toothbrush, scrub the filters clean. Rinse the filter thoroughly and hang it out to dry.
- Replace the mesh filter.
For commercial kitchen exhaust cleaning, it would be better to leave the job to the professionals. A canopy filter exchange service can remove grease effectively for a more efficient kitchen.
Breaking It Down: A Clean Kitchen Checklist and Planning Schedule
Cleaning the kitchen won’t be tedious if you stick to a schedule. You need to do these chores daily:
- Wash all pots and pans after a meal.
- Wipe kitchen counters clean.
- Take the trash out.
- Sweep the floor.
- Clean up spills.
- Run the dishwasher and empty it out after using.
Weekly kitchen chores should include the following tasks:
- Disinfect kitchen counters.
- Mop the kitchen floor.
- Clean the refrigerator.
- Clean the sink and pour boiling water in the kitchen drain.
- Recycle paper, metal, plastic and glass.
At least once a month do the following:
- Clean the dishwasher, oven, coffee maker, and other kitchen appliances.
- Dust light fixtures.
- Clean the trash can.
Do these chores every two to three months:
- Clean the oven.
- Wipe and clean the kitchen vents.
Clean Kitchen Tips
Some stains are stubborn and can make kitchen cleaning extra hard. Here are some simple steps to help you get rid of those stains:
- Use Bar Keeper’s Friend to remove burnt pan bottoms.
- Soak greasy grates overnight in ammonia.
- Scrub butcher blocks or wooden cutting boards with kosher salt and lemon.
- Polish stainless steel appliances with furniture polish.
- Use Murphy’s Oil Soap for wooden cabinets and other wooden kitchen fixtures.
When Time is Limited: The Cost of Hiring a Cleaner
If you work, have a large family or are dealing with physical limitations, hiring a cleaner may be the best solution for you. Professional cleaning companies can charge from $30 to $35 an hour. The price depends on various factors including:
- Floor area
- State of your kitchen
- Special instructions
If you would like to hire a cleaning service, look for a local professional. They can provide a better cost estimate for your kitchen.
What to Look for When Hiring a Cleaner
If you have a kitchen that hasn’t been cleaned in a month, it would be difficult to do the job right. If this is the case, you can always rely on professional cleaning companies. Here are some tips to help you choose a reliable cleaning company:
- Look for a company that offers the services you need. They should also provide recommendations to give your kitchen a deeper clean or solve issues in your kitchen.
- Browse through testimonials and reviews from their customers. You can check their social media accounts and official website. Be sure to look for unbiased reviews on other websites, too.
- Inquire if they offer a flexible cleaning schedule. The company should be happy to work around your personal
- Observe how the company interacts with customers irrespective of the job. Companies offering professional customer service, even for menial jobs are more reliable than most. Look for a cleaning service that takes pride in their work.
- Ask about the cleaning process and the cleaning equipment they use. Choose a company that uses safe and non-toxic chemicals and cleaning methods.
- Request proof of insurance. A reputable company always protects its client’s welfare.
- Ask about prices and special offers. Find a cleaner that offers cost-effective rates and special promotions.
- Inquire about customer satisfaction warranties. Cleaning companies that are confident with their service will ensure client satisfaction via a warranty or guarantee.
Help at Your Fingertips: Mr. Meticulous Kitchen Cleaning Service Options
A cleaning service like Mr. Meticulous can offer you many services, including:
- General kitchen cleaning
- Cooking equipment cleaning
- Drain blockage prevention
- Kitchen deep cleaning service
- Grease trap cleaning
- Ventilation cleaning service
Strict Hygiene Standards are Important to Mr. Meticulous
Hygiene is the top priority for kitchen cleaning. Mr. Meticulous sticks to the highest standards in kitchen cleaning services for both residential and commercial projects. We have kitchen cleaners who know how to clean a kitchen fast without compromising quality. Mr. Meticulous is compliant with hygiene regulations, so you don’t have to worry about the mess in your kitchen.
Why Mr. Meticulous?
Mr. Meticulous can save you from the grueling task of keeping your kitchen clean. Our kitchen cleaners obsess over providing the best kitchen cleaning service to our clients. We use environmentally-friendly and safe cleaning products for removing stains and sanitizing everything in your kitchen. We know how to deep clean a kitchen using efficient and effective methods so you can go home to a spotless cooking area.
What Mr. Meticulous Does When Cleaning Your Kitchen
Food preparation areas require thorough cleaning, especially in commercial establishments. Whether it’s a home kitchen or a commercial kitchen, you should always make sure it is sanitary and complies with current hygiene standards.
Our deep cleaning kitchen service helps you maintain the highest hygiene standards for your kitchen. This service includes removing stains and spots on all visible surfaces. In addition, it includes cleaning ceilings, walls, kitchen equipment, lighting fixtures, kitchen fittings and vents. There are a lot of benefits for deep cleaning your kitchen including:
- Reducing your risk of food contamination.
- Lowering the possibility of transmitting foodborne diseases.
- Improving kitchen safety.
- Making your kitchen more efficient.
- Decreasing the maintenance cost of kitchen equipment.
- Reducing the risk of fire.
In commercial establishments, a spotless kitchen improves customer satisfaction and provides a better work environment for the staff.
Mr. Meticulous Offers Kitchen Cleaning Services in the Following Areas:
- CBD Sydney
- Western Sydney
- Eastern Suburbs
- Sutherland Shire
- North Sydney
- Surry Hills
- Inner West
- Northern Shore
- Northern Beaches
- Lane Cove
- Neutral Bay
We also accept projects for outer Sydney and many towns around Sydney.
Call Us for a Free Kitchen Cleaning Quote Today
Dirty kitchens are not just an eyesore. They can put you and your family’s health in danger. Dirty appliances can cost you money, too. For example, sticky refrigerator seals can cause them to break, making cold air leak out. Dirt, grease and dust buildup can cause the motor to work harder, which leads to breakdowns.
If cleaning the kitchen is too tiring or inconvenient, we’ve got you covered. Mr. Meticulous offers kitchen cleaning services that can save your kitchen from gunk, grime, germs and stains. We can dispatch professional cleaners to your home anytime. Call or contact us for a free quote today.
Head Office, Neutral Bay Sydney 2089
Mobile: 9904 1905
Fax: 9904 5565