Have you marked your calendar for spring cleaning? This annual event deserves some attention. This one-off cleaning allows you to exorcise dust bunnies and allergens in your home.
Spring cleaning means cleaning everything in your home from top to bottom. Getting your hands dirty works. However, hiring a professional cleaning company to do the job is also a practical choice.
Spring Clean Kit
Before you start cleaning, prepare all the tools you need. This will save you time and keep you focused on the task at hand.
Here are the items to prepare for the challenging task ahead:
- Rubber Gloves
- Plastic Bags
- Non-toxic Cleaner
- Distilled Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Microfiber Cloth
- Paper Towels
- Feather Duster
- Vacuum Cleaner
Don’t start cleaning unless you have all the tools you need. To make spring cleaning less stressful, make a plan and stick to it.
Spring Cleaning Checklists
It’s now time to move on to the harder part. A quick visual assessment of your space will give you a general idea of the workload involved. However, it’s better to stick to a guide to make sure you don’t miss any spots.
The most efficient way is to create a cleaning checklist. This can help you ensure all nooks and crannies get all the attention they need.
Here’s a comprehensive checklist of how to thoroughly clean the kitchen:
- Bring all the cleaning supplies in the kitchen.
- Wash any dirty glasses and dishes.
- Empty the dishwasher.
- Wash all rugs and towels.
- Get rid of all the cobwebs and dust gathering on the ceiling.
- Dispose of the trash.
- Take out and sort all items inside kitchen drawers, cabinets, and pantry.
- Throw out expired or damaged goods and donate items you don’t need.
- Wipe drawers clean including knobs, partitions, and organizers.
- Replace worn out or damaged drawer and shelf liners.
- Place the items back where they belong once they are clean.
- Clean the glass surfaces of all cabinets.
- Remove all the items inside your fridge and throw out any expired food.
- Pull out drawers and shelves and wash them separately.
- Wipe your fridge’s interior to remove spills and stains.
- Remove all magnets outside your fridge and wipe the surface clean.
- Vacuum the coils at the back of your fridge.
- Clean all utensils and utensil jars.
- Wipe all the appliances and items on your countertop.
- Clean the coffee maker and kettle.
- Clean the toaster’s crumb tray.
- Sharpen knives and clean the knife block.
- Wipe the surface of the countertop including the backsplash.
- Clean the oven and cooktop inside and out including the cooktop and range hood.
- Take out grates and removable items and give them a thorough wash.
- Polish knobs, sink, and faucet.
- Clean the garbage disposal, food tray, and drains.
- Wash your drying rack.
- Wipe the dishwasher clean.
- Run the high-heat sanitizing cycle on your dishwasher.
- Wipe islands, chairs, tables, and stools.
- Wash removable stool covers and spot clean stained areas.
- Wash window screens, glass windows, and windowsills.
- Sweep the kitchen floor.
- Mop and scrub the floor.
- Clean all trash bins.
Bathrooms require weekly cleaning. When it comes to spring cleaning, you need to do more than your regular clean-up routine.
Here’s a guide on how to proceed:
- Clear the bathroom, get rid of trash, wash the rugs, and put laundry in the hamper.
- Dust the area starting from the ceiling. Pay special attention to cleaning vents and fans.
- Wipe all bathroom surfaces including the vanity unit, the tub and surrounding areas, and the pedestal.
- Remove the shower curtain and wash it.
- Remove soap residue in the tub and the shower.
- Spray disinfectant on vanity, sinks, toilet seat, and pedestal.
- Clean all wood fixtures including the doors, window sills, molding, door frame, and baseboard.
- Rinse the areas sprayed with disinfectant.
- Scrub the toilet bowl and flush.
- Sweep and mop the bathroom floor.
- Polish faucets and clean the mirror.
- Hang fresh towels and replace dirty rugs.
- Return the clean shower curtain. Bring back all the bathroom essentials you removed after a thorough wiping.
The main area for receiving guests should be on your list for spring cleaning. Here’s what to do to give this space a thorough clean:
- Dust the living room ceiling and wall corners.
- Wipe doorknobs, switch-plates, photographs, and art.
- Remove cobwebs and dust from the ceiling fan and wipe all light fixtures clean.
- Wash all curtains, draperies, and clean them in accordance with the manufacturer’s
- Vacuum furniture and wipe clean.
- Clean bookshelves and dust all the books in the room.
- Spot clean carpet stains and clean all rugs and carpets.
- Dust and wipe doormats inside and outside your living room.
During spring cleaning, pay extra care to your bedroom. This space should be comfortable and relaxing, so it is important to make it as clean as possible.
Download a spring cleaning checklist in a printable format or follow this quick guide:
- Dust everything from top to bottom.
- Remove cobwebs and wipe the ceiling fan clean.
- Take down curtains and draperies and wash them.
- Clean windows and windowsills.
- Replace the mattress, bedding, comforters, and pillowcases.
- Vacuum the mattress and flip it over.
- Wipe all lamps, dressers, accessories, and nightstands.
- Sweep the bedroom floor including the areas under beds and cabinets.
- Mop the floor.
- Organize your closet and throw away or donate items you don’t use.
Spring cleaning will not be complete if you don’t pay attention to the dining room. Here’s a guide to walk you through the process.
- Dust from the ceiling down to the floor. Start with moldings and include light fixtures and cords. Proceed to wiping windowsills and baseboards afterward.
- Remove chair covers and throw them in the washer.
- Wash the windows and pay attention to the window tracks.
- Wipe and polish the furniture inside the room.
- Sweep and vacuum the floor or carpet. Spring cleaning season is also the best time to steam clean your carpets.
- Take out the silver and polish
When was the last time you cleaned the laundry area? This part of the house almost always gets neglected.
- Remove everything which doesn’t belong in the room.
- Dust everything from top to bottom.
- Sort all the items in drawers and cabinets inside the laundry area. While you’re at it, wipe the surface of those storage areas.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
A thorough spring clean should include all areas of your home, including you home office. Keeping this area neat and tidy might be a habit, but you should also carry out a deep clean every once in a while.
Here’s what to do when you want to tackle that heavy-duty cleaning:
- Dust from top to bottom.
- Clean your desk area and wipe it clean.
- Sort all the items on your desk. Don’t be afraid to throw or donate items you don’t need.
- Take out all the items in your drawer and wipe the interior and exterior clean.
- Pay attention to your books and donate items you don’t use.
- Clean the electronics in the room with a paintbrush or a mini vacuum.
- Vacuum and wipe the furniture.
- Sweep and mop the floor.
- Remove dust from houseplants.
Cleaning Children’s Items
Spring cleaning doesn’t end with all the rooms in your house, you also need to spend some time on your child’s toys.
For metal and plastic toys, simply submerge all the items in water and add a scoop of detergent. If you want an all-natural disinfectant, follow these steps:
- Prepare a gallon of water.
- Add four drops of lavender oil.
- Add four drops of tea tree oil.
If you have stuffed animals, place everything in a mesh bag and wash in the machine. Include doll’s clothes and other textile items in the washing cycle too.
Don’t forget to wipe down dolls, wooden toys, and electronics with a disinfectant. During this one-off clean, take some time to go through your kid’s drawers and organize everything.
Your home’s entrance should always be on your list of areas to clean. To make the entrance more welcoming, here are some tips:
- Dust everything and get rid of cobwebs.
- Shake rugs and mats.
- Wipe all surfaces including shelves and tables.
- Wash windows including screens and sills.
- Clean and polish the floor.
- Throw out worn out items.
By now, you have a better idea about the meaning behind spring cleaning. After paying attention to all nooks and crannies indoors, it’s time to clean the outside areas of your property.
Here’s a list to help you out:
- Organize everything in your garage. While at it, throw out or donate useless items.
- Wash the garage door with soap and water.
- Remove the cobwebs from your home’s exterior.
- Wash your trash can.
- Clean outdoor furniture.
Top Tips to Declutter During Spring Cleaning
Spring cleaning is the ideal time to sort everything in your home. Filling the donation box at your local charity shop at this time makes sense.
Always involve family members when decluttering your home. Everyone should be responsible for their own space. As a rule, start by removing everything from the room. Dust, sweep and wipe everything clean. Afterwards, it’s time to tackle the sorting. Throw out any damaged or useless items and donate useful items that you don’t use or need.
Your goal is to free up some space, so stick to it. When you’re done sorting, put back all the remaining items.
The key to organizing everything in a short amount of time is to break down the task into smaller, more manageable chunks. Organize one room at a time, so you don’t feel overwhelmed. While going through rooms, take out the contents of all drawers and storage areas.
Give Your Home A One-off Clean With The Whole Family
Spring cleaning is easier when you have some helping hands. If it’s time for your annual clean-up, get everyone involved with these tips:
- Crank up the music. Cleaning becomes more enjoyable with some accompanying music.
- Come up with a cleaning plan. Make sure everyone understands that the spring cleaning isn’t over until they complete their task.
- Give everybody a list of assigned tasks.
- Prepare all the cleaning materials and distribute them based on the tasks.
- If you have young ones, spread out the spring cleaning over a few days. Ask them to dedicate at least an hour helping you with this chore.
Maintaining The Cleanliness of Your Home
After your one-off spring cleaning, how do you keep your house clean?
Keep things manageable by following these tips:
- Clean up after yourself. Wash dishes right away, wipe stained surfaces without delay, and spot-clean as soon as an accident happens.
- Make sweeping and mopping a habit.
- Don’t hoard useless items.
Why Giving Your Home A One-off Clean Is A Must
Spring cleaning is more than just a passed-on tradition. This annual heavy-duty cleaning has physical and mental health benefits too.
Here’s why you shouldn’t miss spring cleaning this year or in the years to come:
- Decluttering and organizing make you feel in control and boost productivity. A clean office is a productive office! Plus, cleaning your work area can give you a physical workout and help burn some calories.
- Cleaning removes allergens from your home and prevents new ones from entering. A clean home can reduce the effects of annoying allergic reactions.
- Cleaning can help you de-stress. An organized home means less stress.
How And When To Start Spring Cleaning
If it’s the last day of the year or the start of spring, don’t make excuses to shy away from cleaning!
With so much to do, you might feel that cleaning is too much trouble. If domestic chores are not your cup of tea, opt for a company who can provide house spring cleaning services.
If you would rather do it yourself, always remember a top to bottom approach is best. Start with getting rid of items you don’t need and maximize your time by creating a plan with a corresponding checklist to track your progress.
One-off Cleaners: What Do They Do?
If you don’t have time to do your spring cleaning, you don’t have to skip it. Hire a company to do it for you.
Companies offering a one-time cleaning service will do everything from removing cobwebs to washing windows and cleaning floors.
Ultimate Checklist For Finding The Right Spring Cleaning Company
Hiring local house cleaning services can be tricky. Conduct research before choosing a provider to make sure you know which services are the best for you. When looking for one-off cleaners, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the spring clean house cost reasonable?
- What are other customers saying?
- How long have they been in the field?
- What type of products do they use?
- Do they have a satisfaction guarantee?
- Are they professional?
- Can you reach them easily?
- Do they have insurance?
What Is Spring Cleaning?
Spring cleaning is the annual deep cleaning that takes place at least once a year. At this time of year, you can give your home a thorough scrubbing and wiping so that your environment feels fresh and comfortable. Spring has traditionally brought all kinds of festivities and according to many traditions, this is the time to clear out the house ready for the celebrations to take place.
Benefits of A Professional Spring Clean
Spring cleaning will bring back your home’s sparkle and ensure you are ready for any unexpected visitors. A clean and un-cluttered environment also has additional benefits, like focused minds and more productive brains for you and your family.
Why Mr. Meticulous One-off Cleaners
Our Spring Cleaning Checklist
Spring cleaning services include the following:
- Dusting surfaces, walls, furniture, and fixtures.
- Cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and sinks.
- Wiping appliances, and furniture.
- Cleaning grout, carpets, and floors.
- Giving your kitchen and kitchen appliances a thorough clean.
Mr. Meticulous House Spring Cleaning Services Coverage
If you’re wondering how to spring clean your house in a day without missing a spot, we are here to help.
Mr. Meticulous employs a team of professionals who will sweep, mop, and wipe your home clean in one day. Give us a call if you are in any of the following areas:
- Inner West
- Western Sydney
- Sydney Central Business District
- Eastern Suburbs
- Northern Sydney
- North Beaches
- Northern Shore
- Sutherland Shire
- Neutral Bay
- Surry Hills
- Lane Cove
In addition to these areas, Mr. Meticulous also caters to clients close to Sydney, including the outer suburbs and towns.
Call Mr. Meticulous For A Quote Right Away
If spring cleaning is on your list of chores, you don’t have to do it on your own. Call us today for a one-off cleaning service that will give your home the sparkle it deserves.
You may reach us at…
Head Office, Neutral Bay Sydney 2089
Mobile: 9904 1905
Fax: 9904 5565