Bathroom cleaning done correctly in 2019, is essential when hygiene and sanitation is paramount.
Getting one Sydney’s best cleaners will takecare of this issue for you.
Scrubbing grubby bathroom tiles is never pleasurable. If you prefer to do this dirty job yourself rather than hire cleaners providing bathroom cleaning services, we have some tips for you below.
Here are some pointers from the best cleaners in the industry. Bathroom cleaners stick to this two-phase strategy:
- Prepare all cleaning tools.
- Approach bathroom cleaning with the right techniques.
Essential Bathroom Cleaning Tools
When cleaning bathrooms, prepare all your tools ahead of time. Your cleaning kit should include:
- Rubber Gloves: Bathrooms are dirty, and you need to wear gloves all the time.
- Old Toothbrush: This tool is helpful in cleaning hard to reach areas as well as drains and faucets.
- Scrubbing and Drying: Brushes, dry rags, lint-free rags and paper towels can save time.
- Cleaning Product: Your cleaning choices include liquid soap, vinegar and baking soda.
- Face Mask: Chemical fumes are unhealthy so you need to keep a face mask on while cleaning.
How Professional Toilet Cleaning Service Providers Work
Having a strategy for cleaning the bathroom allows you to minimize the time and effort you spend on the task.
Professionals stick to a plan when cleaning, and you should do so, too. We have the perfect cleaning strategy to help you accomplish the task quickly and efficiently.
- Designate a bathroom cleaning day and scrub everything during that time. This improves the cleanliness of your bathroom and makes everything sparkling clean.
- Spray all the cleaning solutions on the tiles and the sink but leave out the mirrors.
- Use a disinfectant for cleaning the sink, shower stall, bathtub, and toilet bowl.
- Follow this order to clean bathrooms: toilet bowl, bathtub, shower, sink, mirrors and the floor.
- Apply furniture polish if there are wooden cabinets in your bathroom.
- Create a mixture made up of one part water and one part vinegar. Leave it in the toilet bowl for about three minutes.
Bathroom Cleaning Checklist: Problem Areas and How to Clean Them Spotlessly
How do you clean your bathroom?
If you decide to do the task by yourself, it’s good to have a checklist to help you throughout the process. Here’s a guide to clean every area in your bathroom.
Bathroom sinks always end up dirty due to the buildup of mineral deposits, toothpaste, makeup residue and soap. You need to disinfect this part of the bathroom on a regular basis.
You can use a wide assortment of cleaning products, but it would be best to avoid anything that contains ammonia.
Using baking soda, vinegar and a liquid soap could be a useful alternative. To make sure the sink is squeaky clean, follow these steps:
- Pour warm water on the sink’s surface.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the sink.
- Scrub it with a sponge or cloth until it forms a paste.
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub all hard-to-reach areas in the sink including the faucet and the rubber drain flap.
- Rinse off the sink with water.
- Wipe the area dry with a cloth.
- Place one to two cups of white vinegar into a basin.
- Dip as many paper towels as is necessary to cover the sink’s surface.
- Allow the vinegar in the paper towels to sit on your sink for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse the sink with warm water to remove all traces of vinegar.
If you have a stone or a copper sink, skip the vinegar and use a mild liquid soap as a substitute. You can also buy a cleaner designed for these materials.
Cleaning the Shower Stall
Professional shower cleaning services can take care of those grubby stalls. If you don’t want to spend money and have time, it’s possible to achieve gleaming results.
Here’s the best game plan for cleaning your shower:
- Take everything out of the shower. It’s better to schedule the clean up right after a shower. If it’s not possible, use the shower head to rinse the walls with warm water.
- Scrub the walls with a sponge and a non-corrosive detergent. Acidic cleaners can damage tile grout.
- Rinse off the wall. Apply furniture polish on the walls to make the walls shine. This is optional.
- Use the vinegar solution on the shower walls to remove mineral buildup. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water. To make the vinegar more effective, warm it up a little but don’t allow it to boil.
- Clean the glass on the shower screen. Use your preferred cleaner or the vinegar solution.
- Take out the shower head and clean it with an old toothbrush. For deep cleaning, unscrew all the metal parts and soak them in warm vinegar overnight. Rinse them off in the morning and reassemble the shower head.
For those who don’t want to take the shower head apart, pour vinegar into a plastic bag and tie it onto the shower head. Leave it overnight and rinse it the next morning.
Dirt, limescale, soap residue, and mineral buildup can make your bathtub look dirty and unsanitary. Here are some steps to make your bathtub sparkling clean:
- Remove everything inside the bathtub. Wash and wipe the items you remove.
- Clean the bathtub and the surrounding walls. Use a grout brush and tile cleaner. If you are using bleach with a strong scent, ventilate the area properly.
- Rinse the area with warm water. Be thorough to get rid of the tire cleaner.
- Apply a tub cleaner to your tub’s interior. Allow it to sit for at least five minutes.
- Rinse the rub thoroughly. Use clear warm water.
- Check the area where the tub meets the wall. Scrub soap scum away with an old toothbrush.
- Look for rust rings and stains inside the tub. Use a cleanser and scrub brush to remove them.
- Rinse everything properly. Be sure to remove all residue from the cleanser.
- Wipe the tub down with a clean cloth or towel. Make certain the area is completely dry.
Bathroom mirrors are more likely to be dirty than any other mirror in the house. It takes less than five minutes to wipe the mirror clean unless it’s extra dirty.
To make the process more efficient, follow this guide:
- Remove goopy buildup with alcohol.
- Spray the glass cleaner on the mirror.
- Rub the mirror with a microfiber cloth from the top left corner towards the top right corner. Repeat moving downwards to the left.
- Follow an “S” pattern when wiping to avoid missing any part of the surface.
- If you missed any spots, apply the glass cleaner on the cloth and wipe them off.
Cleaning Fibreglass Showers and Glass Doors
Water stains and soap scum are common problems in the shower. Using a mildly acidic cleaner is the best method to remove the stains. Here are some simple steps to use:
- Spray your cleaner or undiluted vinegar on problem areas.
- Leave the solution on the surface for 15 minutes.
- Use a nonabrasive rag to wipe the area.
- If there are remaining spots, mix one part water with two parts baking soda to make a cleaning paste.
- Rub the paste on the affected area and scrub off the spot with a moist rag.
- Rinse the paste with warm water.
- If there are remaining streaks, reapply the vinegar. If everything is clean, wipe the area dry.
You use the toilet daily, so it is essential to keep it fresh all the time. While cleaning this part of the bathroom could seem disgusting, it is a must.
To quickly clean the toilet, wear rubber gloves and follow this guide:
- Remove all the items from the top of your toilet.
- Douse the toilet bowl with a cleaner and close the lid.
- Apply an all-purpose cleaning to the entire toilet including the base, tank and surrounding areas.
- Wipe the surface with a sponge until the outer portion if the toilet is clean.
- Open the lid and scrub the inner portion of the toilet bowl with a brush.
- Flush the toilet when you are done.
- Use the sponge to clean the area underneath the toilet lip and flush afterward.
- Apply an all-purpose cleaner on the entire area.
- Wipe it dry with paper towels.
Getting the stains out of the grout on your own is possible. You may need some elbow grease to make your bathroom tiles look new. To make it happen just follow these steps:
- Clean the surface to remove all debris and residue.
- Allow the grout to dry fully.
- Mix two cups of warm water with two tablespoons oxygenated bleach.
- Using an old toothbrush, apply the paste to the grout.
- Leave it for a few minutes.
- Scrub the grout in a circular motion.
- Wipe the area clean.
- To remove stains, apply lemon juice to the grout.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes.
- Scrub the area clean and let it dry.
- Use an eco-friendly grout cleaner to improve the colour of the grout.
Grout is more likely to have stains if you did not apply grout sealer. After the last step, you can reapply the sealer. You can reapply it every year.
Cleaning the Exhaust Fan
The exhaust fan rarely gets any attention when people clean the bathroom. For healthier indoor air, clean exhaust fans at least twice a year. Here’s some tips for cleaning exhaust fans:
- Use your vacuum to remove dust bunnies from the cover.
- Remove the cover carefully.
- For safety, shut the power off to your bathroom at the circuit breaker box.
- Wipe the area clean with a cloth or vacuum gently.
- Be sure to pay extra attention to the blades.
- Do not loosen or unplug any wires with the vacuum or the cloth.
- Soak the cover and the fan in warm water for a few minutes. Scrub it well.
- Once the lid and the fan are dry, reattach them to the vent.
Common Problems in Bathroom Cleaning
Bathroom cleaning is more complicated than the usual household chores since there could be problem areas. If you run into these ugly sights, we have some tips to help you get rid of them.
Some people use bleach to get rid of mildew. However, it’s safer to use distilled white vinegar and baking soda to remove it. Spray vinegar on the affected surfaces. Leave it on for at least three hours.
Follow these steps:
- Dip the sponge in hot water.
- Reapply vinegar in the affected area.
- Drizzle baking soda on your sponge.
- Start scrubbing the mildew away.
- Rinse thoroughly.
Mould can be a persistent issue in a bathroom. If your vacuum has a HEPA filter, use the suction power to remove the mould. Once you’re done with the initial step, proceed with these tips:
- Create a 20 percent water, 80 percent vinegar solution.
- Place the solution in three separate containers.
- Dip a microfiber cloth in the solution.
- Use the cloth to scrub out the mould.
- Dip the cloth in the second bucket to rinse it well before scrubbing the area again.
- When you’re done, dip the cloth on the third bucket.
- If you’ve scrubbed off all the mould, rinse the area with warm water.
Vinegar may cause discolouration. If this happens, use bleach on the affected area.
Foul Smells from Bathroom Drains
Removing a bad odor from a sink or tub drain can be difficult. Here’s how to get rid of stubborn smells:
- Remove the trap.
- Pour one cup white vinegar and ¼ cup baking soda down the drain.
- Let the mixture sit for two hours.
- Pour one gallon of hot water down the drain.
- Wait for 15 minutes.
- Run cold water for 10 minutes to rinse off the vinegar.
- Pour ½ cup chlorine bleach and leave it for another two hours.
- Rinse it with one gallon of hot water.
- Turn on the faucet and let it run for 10 minutes.
- Pour four ounces of mineral oil or plain cooking oil down the drain.
- Reattach the trap.
When cleaning the drain, be sure to rinse all the vinegar off before pouring the bleach. When mixed, vinegar and bleach form chloramine gas and toxic chlorine, which is dangerous.
Hair All Over
Hair will be all over the bathroom, especially if you are a woman.
To get rid of this pesky problem use a rubber broom or sticky brush. Owning either of these tools can save you a lot of time and hard work.
Chemical Free Cleaners
When cleaning the bathroom, you want to kill bacteria and germs, not yourself. For this reason, many people opt for chemical-free cleaners. This way they can protect their health while making sure their bathroom gets superb treatment.
Here are some homemade cleaners you can try:
- Combine one cup of baking soda with two cups of vinegar and use it as a toilet cleaner.
- Mix one cup of baking soda, three to four drops of peppermint oil, and ½ cup castile soap to remove sink buildup and soap scum.
- Combine two cups water, one cup vinegar and three to four drops of your favourite essential oil. Add one tablespoon castile soap to make an all-purpose cleaning spray.
- Spray white vinegar on mirrors to make them shine.
You can also remove clogs by pouring ½ cup of baking soda followed by ½ cup of white vinegar. Pour a kettle of hot water down the drain.
Professional Bathroom Cleaning Company Services
Among the bathroom cleaners in Sydney, Mr. Meticulous stands out because of their focus on the job.
Our cleaning company will stop at nothing to deliver a clean and sparkling bathroom at a reasonable price. Our bathroom only cleaning services include:
- Toilet sanitizing and cleaning.
- Shower stall scrubbing, cleaning and residue removal.
- Glass and mirror cleaning.
- Bathtub scrubbing, disinfecting and polishing.
- Door frame and exhaust fan cleaning.
- Floor cleaning and disinfecting.
- Wall and floor tile re-grouting and cleaning.
Why Our Bathroom Only Cleaning Service is the Best
Our bathroom cleaning service goes beyond scrubbing and washing bathrooms. We make sure you will feel comfortable and relieved to see your bathroom. This is because:
- Our cleaners undergo rigorous training to ensure they do the best possible job.
- We have more than two decades of experience in the field.
- We use non-toxic green cleaning products to get the job done.
Mr. Meticulous FAQs
How much does this service generally cost industry-wide?
Some companies charge higher than this depending on the degree of cleaning your home requires.
The final quote will also depend on how many bathrooms you have and the floor area. For a more accurate quote, contact us today.
Who do we serve? We serve the following sectors:
- Residential: Cleaning your bathroom can be challenging and take hours. Rather than scrubbing grubby tiles and sinks, you can hire a home bathroom cleaning service to do the job. Paying for this service can save you from getting your hands dirty. You can avoid persistent backaches from spending too much time crouched over the bathroom floor, too.
- Commercial: Business establishments require clean bathrooms, too. The restroom is host to all types of bacteria. But our cleaners know how to sanitize and disinfect everything.
- Hotels: Businesses in the hospitality industry rely on feedback from guests. Just because you don’t run a five-star hotel doesn’t mean you can’t achieve the same standard of cleanliness. Our cleaning crew can take care of all those bathrooms. We can make sure your guests will have nothing but compliments for your restrooms.
- Airbnb: Cleaning the units that you rent out can take too much time. If this process is too strenuous and inconvenient, our professional bathroom cleaning company can take over the task. Your guests will have no complaints with the state of your bathrooms.
Mr Meticulous Cleaning Provides Services To The Following Cities and Towns:
Trained cleaners from Mr. Meticulous cover towns and suburbs in and out of Sydney including:
- Baulkham Hills
- Bellevue Hill
- Berowra Waters
- Beverly Hills
- Bondi Junction
- Castle Hill
- CBD Sydney
- Central & Inner Metropolitan
- Chester Hill
- Crows Nest
- Croydon Park
- Dee Why
- Double Bay
- Dulwich Hill
- East Hills
- Erskine Park
- Five Dock
- Frenchs Forest
- Georges Hall
- Homebush Bay
- Hoxton Park
- Hunters Hill
- Kings Cross
- Lane Cove
- Macarthur Region
- Milsons Point
- Mona Vale
- Mount Colah
- Mount Kuring-gai
- Neutral Bay
- North Richmond
- North Rocks
- North Ryde
- North Shore
- North Sydney
- Northern Beaches
- Outer Western Suburbs
- Oyster Bay
- Parramatta-Hills District
- Pennant Hills
- Pennant Hills
- Quakers Hill
- Regents Park
- Rooty Hill
- Rose Bay
- Sans Souci
- Seven Hills
- South Western Suburbs
- St George & Sutherland Shire
- St Ives
- St Johns Park
- St Marys
- St Peters
- Summer Hill
- Surry Hills
- Sydney City
- Sydney Markets
- Terrey Hills
- Western Suburbs
Call us/email us for a quote today
Mobile: 9904 1905