- Take out trash cans and bath mats
- Clean the shower
- Clean the bathtub including the walls
- Disinfect the bathroom including the tub, shower stalls, and toilet bowl
- Clean the mirror
- Remove soap scum from walls
- Clean the toilet bowl and the sink
- Throw away trash
4. Bedrooms and Living Rooms
- Remove cobwebs
- Dust all furniture
- Make the beds
- Dust all surfaces
- Sweep the floors
- Mop the floors
- Clean windows including ledges
- Remove all clutter on the floor
- Wipe all electronics clean
- Clean doorknobs and light switches
How Much Does It Cost For You To Hire A Maid?
Maid cleaning service prices will differ depending on a range of factors. Smaller companies may provide better rates than larger firms and local companies can often give you more affordable rates.
Daily maid service costs will also likely be lower than a cleaning company’s regular rate. For the most part, these cleaners usually perform regular maintenance cleaning, rather than deep cleaning.
Professional cleaning companies often charge by the square foot. Professional companies will typically charge in the region of $130 for a single family home, which may be lower when provided as part of a regular housekeeping service. For businesses, maid services tend to cost around $150.
Total cleaning costs will depend on your service contract. Prices for one-time thorough cleaning services can range from $200 to $300.
Maid services prices will be lower when part of a regular agreement, saving clients around $5 to $10 per session. Other factors that influence the total price for hiring a maid include:
- The number of rooms to be cleaned. Just because you hire a maid doesn’t mean you need to have the entire house cleaned. If you only want the maid to clean one or two rooms, the cost will decrease.
- The number of bedrooms. More bedrooms mean higher occupancy. Rates will depend more on how many people live in a house than on the number of rooms.
- The number of bathrooms. Bathrooms require the most extensive cleaning, so maids will charge more for cleaning these rooms since they need to spend more time cleaning this area.
- Cleaning Products. If you provide the cleaning products, the cost will be lower. If you need your maid to provide the cleaning products, the price will be higher.
- Inaccessible Areas. If there are hard to reach areas in your home you want the maid to clean, the price may be higher.
- Time preference. Early morning cleaning services or cleaning services at irregular hours may cost more.
If contracting a maid on a daily or weekly basis doesn’t work for you, you have the option to hire someone full-time for the job. So, how much does a live-in maid cost?
Hiring a live-in maid will cost you more. The average salary for a live-in maid is $27 an hour.
How Can I Get Started?
The first step to finding someone to help you with cleaning services is to shop for the right company to do business with. If you have no idea where to begin, start by giving Mr. Meticulous a call.
Before that, take a quick look at the main factors to look into when hiring a cleaning company.
- Insurance. Always try to check for insurance when hiring someone to do the cleaning for you. In case of damage to your property, your cleaner’s insurance should cover the cost. Every reputable cleaning firm will have insurance cover in place.
- Contract. Contracts exist to protect both you and your cleaner. It’s always better to have a contract to govern the transaction. This is a safer way to conduct business.
- Reliable. Trust is crucial when you allow anyone into your home or office. This is even more important when you hire a maid who will know the ins and outs of your property. Be sure to look into testimonials from past clients to see what they have to say.
- Flexibility. Look for a cleaning company that can accommodate your requests. Even if you hire a maid, you will still have some specific requests. Ask a company if they can work with your terms and conditions to ensure they can meet your needs.
- Discounts. Hiring a maid to help you with cleaning is more affordable now, but always ask about discounts. Long-term and repeat clients might get better rates since they do regular business with the company.
- Service Guarantee. Providing a service guarantee is a sign that a company is confident with its service. Reputable firms usually offer a service guaranteed backed by a promise to redo the job if customers are unsatisfied.
For homes and businesses in Sydney, Mr. Meticulous is a safe choice. We are experts in choosing the right cleaners for your job and we can customize projects to fit your individual needs We pride ourselves on providing the kind of clean you can’t complain about.
How To Hire A Maid?
Vacuuming, bathroom cleaning and scrubbing the kitchen are all tedious tasks. If you have no love for these tasks, hiring someone to do it for you is a great – and affordable – alternative, saving you precious time without breaking the bank.
Hiring someone to clean your home is a big step. First of all, you will need to decide what responsibilities to allocate. Which areas of your home do you want the maid to clean? What specific tasks will the maid have?
Right after you figure out what you want, it’s time to look for a maid that meets your requirements. There are three ways to find your new cleaner:
- The most popular route is to hire a local company that provides maid services. These companies will usually send someone from their headquarters to assess the work and propose a contract. Local companies have a local presence and local knowledge so can be easy to communicate with.
- Maid referral services can also help you to find a housekeeper. These national companies will send a local contractor to your home to discuss your needs before recommending a service.
- Craigslist and other platforms also have a pool of people advertising their services. Individuals advertising their services often provide the most affordable rates. Asking friends and family members to recommend someone can help ensure you choose the right person for the job.
No matter which method you pursue, don’t be afraid to ask questions. As the customer, you have the right to ask about worker insurance, the maid’s background, cost estimates, and the scope of the services covered under the contract.
Looking into the employee’s background is crucial if you hire a solo maid. Most cleaning companies require employees to submit a police clearance. Of course, it’s your right to ask the cleaning company about their hiring process.
These days, a maid service doesn’t need to cost a fortune. If you need help getting your cleaning done, hire a maid to assist you and free up more time for yourself.
Mr Meticulous Cleaning Provides Services To The Following Cities and Towns: